Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 03:52:36 AM

Author Topic: Another tool table Question  (Read 8188 times)

Offline Learn

•  75 75
    • View Profile
Another tool table Question
« on: January 29, 2015, 12:00:01 PM »
I am not new to machines at all just the small machines like my IH cnc. Now I have seen so many videos and read forums and post .

this is what I have done and still not correct !!

1 .Measure all tools with height gauge and enter them into tool table and set each cutter style on the left then SAVE
2.Home out machine
3.using my master holder ( with indicator ) tool #1 come down to work piece zero and set Z zero
4.check each cutter on my 4 inch tool setter ( )

I have noticed that one of my cutters was off by 1/4"  now I have double and triple checked my lengths and still not sure what's going on.

QUESTION
do I need to run a program with a T and a H value for it to correct its self ?

Offline Learn

•  75 75
    • View Profile
Re: Another tool table Question
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 04:48:51 AM »
Do I need to run a program with g 43 h# t#  to make it change ?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 09:07:30 AM »
You need to call a G43H* when wanting the offset.
Hood

Offline Learn

•  75 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 10:43:02 AM »
ok cool thanks I will try this as soon as I get home

Offline Learn

•  75 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 06:17:26 AM »
Tha KS it was quite simple . I was thinking that the T# would do it like on big mills . 

Simple fix was to MD I G43 H# then manually switch T# . Everything worked out good .

Also I made sure all the cutters were reading the same 4" by calling g each out and going down to my 4 " setter then adjusting lengths and saving tool offsets each tool. My height gauge was close but I made darn sure they were right at the mill. Making injection mold inserts and want then right on. I even made sure I came down on the setter each time and set zero not coming down and adjusting up. This will help with any back lash I would guess. 

Big thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 03:53:17 PM »
I think most machines need the G43H* call as you can call different offsets for different tools or for that matter different offsets for the same tools.
Hood

Offline Learn

•  75 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 09:07:15 PM »
I have only had to use that G43 when manually driving to a specific Z height or double checking s z height . G90 G00 G43 h# Z#;  as far as tool change a large VMC does not require it to use z heights during manual work but it is required in a tool path ( program )

That's where I was confused when doing a tool change at work I did not have to have a line like this

At work I can buy just call up T# m6 and it's all set.

Now here is a question
When I run a path with m6 T# the mill wants to drive up in Z and I break out of the program.  I looked to find a spot where I can change the tool change position but I can not seem to find it ?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 06:05:54 AM »
It will all depend on the control that is on the machine whether you need to call the height offset or not, size or type of machine has no relevance.

Alter your M6 macro to do what you want at a toolchange or have your G Code do it.

Hood

Offline Learn

•  75 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 12:29:59 PM »
I'll have to find the m6 macro.
Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 04:50:34 PM »
You will find the M6Start.m1s macro in the macro folder and then in the folder named after your profile.
Hood