Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 05:48:50 AM

Author Topic: need help please  (Read 11027 times)

need help please
« on: January 27, 2015, 01:35:05 PM »
Hey Im Bob.  Im new to machining and cnc stuff.  I need help badly.  I got a 6040z chinese router from ebay with the blue control box.  I thought it would work well enough for the simple machining im trying to do. Im trying to cut circles with 4 holes.  I can get them cut out pretty good but the holes are not exactly where they are supposed to be.  im pretty sure its the junk control box.

I have done the motor tuning and steps per inch setting multiple times trying to set it as exact as possible but stuff is still not as percise as i need them to be.

i want to get a good controler set up but i have no idea what i need.  can someone please tell me what i should get.

I am running a new hp pavillion 23 with windows 8.1 64 bit i think.  With a uc100 motion controler    
Re: need help please
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 09:25:54 PM »
come on guys talk to like im an idiot.  I know i am. i just need to know whqt to buy so this thing works right 
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 06:26:44 PM »
I can't comment about the PC, or operating system you are using. I am using an older Dell model running the XP operating system. The motor controller I am using is a Gecko G540 (supports up to 4 axis's of stepper motors). I am not at all familiar with the chinese router you are referring to. But it may help you to obtain help from the user group, if you could list some of the particulars about the chinese router. (Stepper, or Servo, number of wires to each motor, voltage rating, etc.)
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 01:20:04 AM »
Hey thanks for answering.  I just ordered a controler kit with a g540 and a new power supply and motors and cables haha  hopefully it works better and is more accurate.  Its sucks not knowing what you are doing and trying to figure this stuff out.  been trying to read the forum here but most of its over my head.  I just need something that is accurate for what im trying to do. Its mostly squares and circles and bolt holes. 
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 01:02:56 AM »
Also keep in mind that the cheaper Chinese routers can and will FLEX alot.  So if your plunging without ramp moves the gantry will flex some, throwing off  the cut.    Keep an eye on that and see if machine flex may also be part of the problem.  A G540 will make that run like a whole new animal.
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 11:11:25 PM »
I saw the flex in the machine when i put it together.  But I was only cutting teflon that was .150 thick dont think it was flexing too much  haha  that stuff cuts like butter  still waiting on the new controler should be here in a couple of days