Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:19:40 AM

Author Topic: Homing Slaved Axis Y(A)  (Read 4474 times)

Homing Slaved Axis Y(A)
« on: January 12, 2015, 08:51:28 AM »
Sorry about this I know this has been covered before but I've done a lot of searching round on here for the answer but can't get to the solution to my problem.

My machine has a gantry driven by 2 steppers (Y axis, A slave) I have 2 home switches connected to their own inputs. When I hit "Ref all home" Z axis refs ok, X axis refs ok then Y begins to travel towards the switch. If I operate the Y axis switch nothing happens, the Y motor continues in the same direction, if I operate the A switch the A axis motor reverses then stops after coming off the switch but the Y axis motor continues. Nothing I do will stop the Y motor other than an emergency stop. I have checked the diagnostic screen and all switches operate as expected. What am I missing?

My button script is as follows,
DoOEMButton (24) 'ref Z
DoOEMButton (22) 'ref X
DoOEMButton (23) 'ref Y
DoOEMButton (25) 'ref A

DoOEMButton (133)
DoOEMButton (134)
DoOEMButton (135)

Many thanks,

Bob.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 09:00:47 AM by cncbobuk »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Homing Slaved Axis Y(A)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 02:44:45 PM »
Its been a long time since I did anything with slaved homing but see if changing the Home Slave with Master setting in General config makes a difference if you change it.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 03:32:21 AM »
Tried that, if I check this the Y motor runs on it's own the A motor doesn't run at all.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 03:44:19 AM »
Are any of the Home switch LEDs, on the Diagnostics page, lit when not activated?
If you attach your xml I will see if I can figure out the issue.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 05:43:35 AM »
Many thanks, all switches behave correctly on the diagnostics screen.

Attached xml as requested, hope this helps.

Your help is much appreciated,

Bob.
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 06:05:20 AM »
Sorry about this but I don't seem to be able to upload the file, all I get is an error message,

"Sorry! There is already an attachment with the same filename as the one you tried to upload. Please rename the file and try again."

What am I doing wrong?

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 07:08:11 AM »
rename your file to cncbobuk.xml for example.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 07:13:32 AM »
Here goes..........

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 09:44:01 AM »
Ok you seem to be using some kind of external controller that I have never heard of.
 The external controller will control the homing so you would need to contact them to see, if in the first place, it supports slaved homing. If it does then they should be able to tell you how it needs to be set up.
Hood
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 11:24:16 AM »
Ok thanks for the info, that's another dead end then as it's a Chinese board and getting any help on it is next to impossible. I had assumed that as all the inputs work as expected it would be ok. interestingly if I use just one home swicth and simply slave the Y and A motors it works fine>?????