Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:23:36 AM

Author Topic: When Ref all home Y axis hits the bottom  (Read 6438 times)

When Ref all home Y axis hits the bottom
« on: December 08, 2014, 01:21:09 PM »
When i press Ref all home button, Y axis goes down and down and dowwwn... until it hits the bottom, but Y axis still tries to go down.  I can't lift up y axis, only manually.

What can i do?

Sorry for my poor english, Thanks folks !!!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 01:27:43 PM by shocksuey »
Re: When Ref all home Y axis hits the bottom
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 12:48:02 PM »
I am not sure what your issue is, but i have read several posts on ref all and many seem to be confusing.  on my machine once i move the all axis to my machine zero position and hit ref all, it seems i cannot reset  using the ref all button again.  I have read several posts that indicate you can jog to a location and hit ref all and a new machine zero coordinate will be set.  this does not work on my machine.  There must be some condition that must be cleared, or changed to reset the machine zero. 

Does anyone have an explanation.

Also i have never been able to find a good explanation of the to go button,  i saw it explained as it indicates the distance to go.  What distance to go where??  and what happens when you press it?   I also saw a post saying you can set several to go locations ?? how and to where.

Also my machine does not move when you hit Ref all,  and as i stated in only seems to work once just after starting a new profile it zeros the machine at a the current location but it does not move it if i jog to a new location and hit ref all nothing happens.  no zeroing of dro's and no axis movement.

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 02:41:05 AM »
Hi,

and what is happening if you are referencing axis by axis in the diagnostic screen ?

Tom
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 10:00:57 AM »
i do not have limits switches so nothing indicated on diagnostic regarding axis. The question is if you jog your machine to some xyz location with in the work pass and hit ref all after having done so previously, and setting soft limits based  on the prior machine home position set using ref all. .  Should the ref all set a new maschine home, and if not why not.
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 10:05:43 AM »
this was the process,
1 start new profile
2 jog macine to a position i want to be machine zero
3 hit ref all.
4. set soft limits
5  move machine to new location to be machine zero
6 hit ref all
7 the result ref all does not create new machine zero and will not zero machine to this coordinate. i can set new g54 location but it will be in reference to original macihine zero
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 10:08:16 AM »
The above actually seems to make sense to me, as why would i want to set a new machine zero, i would think that once set i would not want to mess with iit, but
i have seen several posts that indicate you should be able to reset machine zero by moving the machine and then hitting ref all a second time.

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 04:19:08 AM »
i think you are on the wron way.

referencing is normaly done to a limit switch.
axis goes to the limit switch and back off it then the axis is zero.

as far as i understand you you want to zero the axis not to reference.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 09:36:53 AM »
IF you do not have ref switches then MAKE SURE that you have all of them turned OFF in config. With them turned OFF Mach3 will then reference the position that you are currently at.

You would MOVE to the position you want to set as Machine zero then click on the refall button. That sets machine to the current location.  NOW you normaly ONLY set the machine Zero ONCE. Setting Machine Zero is ONLY to let Mach3 know where it is in 3d space. It then tracks your work positions referenced back to Mach coords.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

To move the jobs around the table you would use ZEROALL or ZERO each axis . THAT will set the WORK zero or Point of Origin of the work.
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2014, 04:27:23 PM »
BR549.  U got it. That is exactly what I have done and it zeros my machine from then on I use. Zero axis to set work offsets 

And it  makes sense to do this only once.

What' has  been confusing me is several posts I have read about  once the  machine has been zeroed as you described and as I have done   MOVING by jogging to a new location and using ref all to re- zero the  macine coordinates

All this other posts I have read on other blogs  make no sense.  First of all my mach3  will not let me re- zero the machine coordinates ( I am not talking about work reference coordinates)  and secondly it makes no sense as to why I would
Want to.  I have just been wondering if  my mach3 was messed up in that I can't. Re zero using ref all.    Or was  I screwed  up in my thinking that I should  only set my machine zero once.   Now if I wanted to change it the only way I have figured out how to do it is start a new profile for mach3
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2014, 04:32:43 PM »
One other point the original. Post  by sockseuy above  was  about the machine moving when ref all was hit. My machine does not move when. Hitting ref all so that made no seance to me

Changing subject to what does Togo  do. How does it work