Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:08:12 AM

Author Topic: Dual head offsets.  (Read 11872 times)

Re: Dual head offsets.
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2014, 10:04:30 PM »
Don't see any reason why you can't in mach3 call one head Z and the other A , B or C (or one A the other B) you just don't have some tool offset features but if you zero out each spindle to the tool tip its just numbers. Use linear setup option for the A,B or C axis, not rotary.

It's up to you how you write your programs and setup your machine. The fixture offset still can be used and all you would have to do is edit the second spindle name in a text file. Or use a creative post process.

Offline c30232

•  122 122
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2014, 10:14:12 PM »
That would work if each head had its own drive and mechanical assembly.  The call I am looking for is for both heads riding on the same axis.  That is, a Z axis with two heads.
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 10:17:43 PM »
I don't know if it is proper to "ask in" on another's post.  If yes, then I apologize in advance. G54 accounts for X and Y.  How do you call, assuming both heads are riding the same Z. the extend and retract of each head?  That is one must get out of the way and the other must get to work.

To me there's no problem to make another question here, your question maybe help me too ;)

In my case i'm using a "pneumatic extend" so i use a M8 comand (i know that's for coolant, but i'm using to active the solenoid for the actuator, but the answer posted by "Ya-nvr-no" make sense to me :)
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 10:20:11 PM »
That would work if each head had its own drive and mechanical assembly.  The call I am looking for is for both heads riding on the same axis.  That is, a Z axis with two heads.

I don't understand your case,  is not like mine?....my case is a router with spindle and on the same "plate" a pneumatic actuator, but this pneumatic assembly don't move on the Z axis with the spindle.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2014, 10:21:17 PM »
NO you do not program G54/55 for EVERY hole you program it ONLY when you need to change heads(;-)

You would use G54 to do all the primary work required of that head THEN shift over to G55 (that shifts the 2nd head over to the work) then finish what work head#2 does.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2014, 10:25:23 PM »
NO you do not program G54/55 for EVERY hole you program it ONLY when you need to change heads(;-)

You would use G54 to do all the primary work required of that head THEN shift over to G55 (that shifts the 2nd head over to the work) then finish what work head#2 does.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Well...my thinking is to make a hole and "call" the screw head, on every hole.....i mean, "hole, screw...hole, screw, hole, screw...and goes on.."....but maybe is more easy to make all the holes and after all the screws, but in my head this will make a longer machining time :/
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2014, 10:31:07 PM »
Its a big panel, about 8 x 7 feets and 50 holes with screw distributed on this panel, so machining time is crucial, it's for an industry, big production...
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2014, 10:44:00 PM »
Not that id do this way,  ;)  but it would work if the cylinder stroke did what you wanted and you just set the delay to what you need

g54 x1 y1 (move to the hole for drill)
g1 z-2 f20 (feed down)
g0 z1

g55 x1 y1 (move to the hole for screw insert)
m08 (cylinder down)
g4 p2 (delay)
m09 (cylinder up)

g54 x10 y10
g1 z-2 f20
g0 z1

g55 x10 y10
m08
g4 p2
m09

Offline TPS

•  2,501 2,501
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2014, 04:54:33 AM »
if you can get your drill coordinates in a text file,
write a little VB-script with reads the file and
executes the movements.

Thomas
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2014, 06:38:20 AM »
Ya-Nvr-No

All the cylinder system is already setted, the return is automatic whem the screw is flat on the panel... i was thinking on using dwell to make the delay, but i found on configuration a delay on M8, that is perfect for this "screw" head  ;) My only problem is with offset  :(

You put the offset on the mach3 config, right?....Them you only put the G54 and G55 with the coordinates of the holes?