Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 05:29:27 PM

Author Topic: Needing help with screens  (Read 17858 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Needing help with screens
« on: December 03, 2014, 12:34:56 AM »
Question for ya, Have you every started a new screen from scratch ??? I cannot get half teh things to work EVEN if I copy things like a button setup from a known working screenset.

What is the secret handshake ???  I cannot even get the enable button or cycle start or Feedhold buttons to work correctly.

Has something changed ??

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 12:44:15 AM »
Thinking of probing have you given any thought to Probe calibration ? Can it be done in Mach4 so it accounts for tip offset from center ? (Tip NOT on centerline of spindle)

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 01:00:35 AM »
if you do a lot of changes some computers require a lot of restarts of programs for stuff to stick, this one does not need that but my other one does

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 01:09:22 AM »
I cannot get teh Cycle Start , Feedhold,Stop to work correctly.

When you cycle start a program then feed hold you cannot restart by hitting cycle start again. The Gocde jumps to the end of the program and the buttons go DIM and that is it. You have to disable/reenable Mach4 to get it back.

I THINK that when you start from scratch you are missing HUGE amounts of scripting that the other screensets already have and you don't.

Strange bird this one is, (;-) TP
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 01:11:06 AM by BR549 »

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 01:21:00 AM »
you need to add the scripts plc etc

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 01:32:49 AM »
Craig I do not know IF you have used the Haas IP probing system lately but it is a VERY nice package. Here is a Video. I have a LOT of those things in Mach3.

This will make you hit your Fanuc with a BIG hammer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj8_9YHL5nc

HIYA Daniel, YEP I just checked and all that is Missing.  (;-)  There is a LOT of scripting to do on some STD buttons as well. LIKE THAT is gonna happen here. (;-)

(;-) TP

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 01:53:24 AM »
just do what second development team member suggested work out what order you wont all the button in work out what script goes with what button write it down or use note pad ++ it is better than note pad.

cut and past each type of script in under there type with what button they go with that will give your order for the scripts to be put in under there types

I am not going to be doing all the screen from scratch I wont but when I do the screen set that's for me I will be. I think doing it like I suggest will be the easiest way of doing it

one screen set I need just needs tool hight probing and a output on off and a move to for laser zero.

the other ones for my laser what just needs stuff removed from the standard screen.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 07:03:06 AM »
just do what second development team member suggested

thats the "Squared" development team!!  hahahahahaa   >:D

Frick
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 07:29:03 AM by Ya-Nvr-No »
fun times

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 07:57:11 AM »
Question for ya, Have you every started a new screen from scratch ??? I cannot get half teh things to work EVEN if I copy things like a button setup from a known working screenset.

What is the secret handshake ???  I cannot even get the enable button or cycle start or Feedhold buttons to work correctly.

Has something changed ??

(;-) TP

When you copy the buttons, are the associated scripts being copied? Doesn't sound like it.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 10:39:41 AM »
Gerry I did not copy buttons(could NOT figure out HOW to copy from screenset to screenset) I created everything from scratch. I did HAVEgo back into  working buttons on a working screenset and write down all the options that seemed to make it work AFTER I could not figure out WHY the buttons did not work correctly. But as I found out there is a bit of scripting needed behind the VISUAL screens that make some of them work as well.

EVEN then I am missing something somewhere because they still do not work correctly.  Take the simple Cycle Start button. I  STILL Have not gotten it to work correctly. As I found out there is SCripting in the PLC and Screen SCript that ALSO is needed to support the button call.

I am still working on it,Where is Klaus when you need him, (;-) TP
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 10:42:28 AM by BR549 »