Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:01:22 PM

Author Topic: Homing  (Read 2062 times)

Homing
« on: November 24, 2014, 04:43:09 PM »
I have read tons of posts but cannot find the same problem I am having homing.  When I click Ref All Home the Z-axis and Y-axis home perfect.  The X-axis slowly moves toward the switch, activates it, and then reverses direction at the same speed.  During this movement the limit switches no longer work.  Clicking the RESET button or hitting the E-Stop is the only way to stop the motor.  I have checked in the Diagnostic screen and all switches appear to work fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Homing
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 07:58:53 AM »
so, you are saying that when the X hits the home switch, and it moves off the switch, even though
you see the x-home switch showing it has been moved off of it. The x axis is still creeping away from
it like it never saw the change in state? And, it will continue all the way to the other side?
if so, while it is creeping across, what happens if you make/break your X home switch again by hand?
What happens if you hit one of the limit switches on your X axis while it is creeping across?

To me, it sounds like you have a dirty home switch (maybe look at your de-bounce also), try replacing that switch with your Y or Z home switch that you know works to see if that changes things...  If not...... and your switches are good, and your homing config and homing inputs are set up right. I would probably try to re-install M4 since perhaps something got corrupted.

Scott
fun times
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 08:28:15 AM »
Scott thanks for the response.

Yes, the x-axis moves left, hits the switch, yellow lights in diagnostic screen come on x-axis reverses direction, comes off the switch,  yellow lights go out but x-axis still keeps slowly traveling right.  At this point none of the limit switches will stop travel or light up yellow in diagnostic screen.  Hitting the e-stop button or clicking the RESET on the Mach3 control panel is the only way to stop the travel.  Running the newest version of Mach3 with ESS and all three axis have their own limit switch inputs.  Debounce set to 1000.  When not Ref All Home all the limit switches work perfect.

I'll swap the switch and retry and then reload Mach3 if it does not fix the problem.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 02:03:15 PM »
Swapped switches and problem remained.  Deleted ESS plugin and loaded an older version and now all is working.

Thanks again Scott for the advice!