Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:25:09 AM

Author Topic: config mach3 for PCB engraving  (Read 2765 times)

config mach3 for PCB engraving
« on: November 24, 2014, 02:49:00 PM »
hi
 i have one more question :
i have done with my pcb with eagle and already has the G-CODE file for the tracks and drilling etc
my problem is when i load the file in mach what i have to do to get my pcb done ex:
how i set the zero point of a workpiece ?and if i did does that mean the mach will start cut and..etc from this poitn or it will navigate to somewhere else? and how can i tell mach to stic with the design !voz when i load random gcode from mache default folder some of the axis goes far way of it's limit ?
correct me if i am wrong but doesn't it the mach will never go far of (the axis) as long as my design within the range of my table ?
my table overall size is 550mm*500mm (not the working area it's over all the aluminum plate the it hold my piece which i mean my working area it might be between 450*490( + - )?
:) :p

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: config mach3 for PCB engraving
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 05:03:08 PM »
You can jog to where you want (and the code has) the X Y Z zero position and then press the zero or alternatively you can just enter values into the DROs to suit your code and your table position.
If you press the Regen button you will see if it has done as you thought.
If you have home switches and have soft limits set up then you can also put the preview into table display mode which will show the relative position of the code to your table, you will need to regen when you do that.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 12:54:55 AM »
thanks a lot it worked :)
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 02:41:13 AM »
hi again when i run the machine this happens : :P
when i run my spindle  while am ref home the axis the axis stop moving and when i did go to the diagnostics tap i see that there is  M1Home  and sometimes M2Home getting connected (the box getting yellow) which mean the home switches some how when i run the spindle it get connected ? so how can i fix it ?why it happens only when the spindle ruining   

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 03:45:44 AM »
The spindle is putting out a lot of electrical noise and that is being picked up by your home switch wiring.
You could try increasing the Debounce Interval, on General Config page, to 2000.
Really however that is just masking the problem and the answer is to have your wiring, especially the low voltage signals, shielded and the shield properly grounded to a single point in your control cabinet. The ground point should be connected to your earth.

Hood
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 04:28:05 AM »
English pls :D :D    !!! 
can i use my spindle  ground signal to hook it up with my hime switch or iw will blow my breakout board ?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 08:16:40 AM »
You need to have wire that is screened for the limit/home switches. You need to connect the screen to a stud in the control cabinet and that stud should be connected to Earth.

As I said previously, any low voltage signalling can be problematic when there is electrical noise being output by devices, especially VFDs. the way Industry gets around this, or at least reduces it, is by using 24v for the signalling as that is much more immune to noise being that the difference between an on and an off signal is greater.

Hood