Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:37:12 AM

Author Topic: Still getting "scripter compile error in M3.M1S"...should I downgrade?  (Read 3623 times)

My machine runs great for days on end, then one day I get the "scripter compile error in M3.M1S."  I used to go into the file and remove the gobbledegook characters and it would return to normal.  Now, the file looks clean but the spindle won't start and I can't get it running reliably. I am running 3.043.066 Mach3 Mill, XP.  I have tried most of the suggestions found online with no permanent fix.  If I reboot, it will fix it but only temporarily.  I have almost crashed the machine a number of times by just barely stopping the axes before the non-spinning tool enters the part.

I do have a copy of R2.61 on an old computer...should I downgrade to that and see if it works?  What files do I need to save and reload, if any, to keep my profiles? 

I was just about to fork over the bucks to get this program fully legal and unlocked, but not if it doesn't work!

Thanks for any help out there!

Rob

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Still getting "scripter compile error in M3.M1S"...should I downgrade?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 06:01:43 PM »
Try deleting M3.m1s, and create a new one in Notepad with just the following:

DoSpinCW()

Version 2.61 is very, very old, and very different. You don't want to go back to that.
Go to the FTP site and try version 3.043.057 or .062. Version 3.043.066 is known to be buggy.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
Re: Still getting "scripter compile error in M3.M1S"...should I downgrade?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 09:32:37 AM »
Thanks Gerry...I'll try that version.  Can I just replace the mach3 exe file without any other changes or will I have to reload my profiles?  I keep looking at the M3.M1s file and it contains no other spurious characters, but I'll create a new one and give it a go.  I'm right in the middle of an important job and need to get this resolved.  Thanks again!

Rob