Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 03:21:28 PM

Author Topic: Issues with pausing and resuming  (Read 7284 times)

Re: Issues with pausing and resuming
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 12:16:33 PM »
I have no way of knowing whether the problem exists with the parallel port version. I'll just have to experiment when I get time and see if I can discover where the problem is.

Ah yes, Mach4.... a 'virtual' product that is born of legend. I don't know why they can't just prune it down to something really basic and at least release something. The way they're going, it will never see the light of day. All I need is for it to execute G1 F# S# and M03, that's all I use. How hard can it be to make a system like that?

There's a big gap in the market for someone to produce a nice simple Windows based system without all the junk and clutter of the Mach3 bloatware.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 12:21:05 PM »
There's a big gap in the market for someone to produce a nice simple Windows based system without all the junk and clutter of the Mach3 bloatware.
Planet CNC and Eding CNC
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 01:44:47 PM »
Planet CNC and Eding CNC

Thanks for that, I'll take a look

Offline TPS

•  2,505 2,505
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2014, 03:17:38 AM »
Planet CNC and Eding CNC

grbl arduino
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2014, 03:26:18 AM »
Has anyone actually got a machine working with Mach4? The Warp9 forum seem to think that they just need an ESS plugin and they will have it working. We've been waiting for so long that most of us have given up hope.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2014, 07:03:48 AM »
An Arduino and grbl is not in the same league as Mach3 and the others I mentioned. Not even close.

As for Mach4, afaik, there are no motion controller plugins available, except for the parallel port plugin. There are a few using the parallel port plugin, but I can't tell you if they're using Mach4 exclusively yet.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2014, 08:19:17 AM »
An Arduino and grbl is not in the same league as Mach3 and the others I mentioned. Not even close.

As for Mach4, afaik, there are no motion controller plugins available, except for the parallel port plugin. There are a few using the parallel port plugin, but I can't tell you if they're using Mach4 exclusively yet.

Thanks for that.

Offline TPS

•  2,505 2,505
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2014, 09:40:14 AM »

Gerry you are a 100% right, but
striplar was only asking: "All I need is for it to execute G1 F# S# and M03, that's all I use"

that was the trigger for grbl and Arduino.

Thomas
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 09:50:37 AM by TPS »
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2014, 09:49:35 AM »

Gerry you are a 100% rught, but
striplar was only asking: "All I need is for it to execute G1 F# S# and M03, that's all I use"

that was the trigger for grbl and Arduino.

Thomas

Quite so Thomas, I never use any of the canned cycles, it's all done on the CAD/CAM system that runs on the same computer as Mach3.