Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:09:22 PM

Author Topic: Firmware problems 57E  (Read 10334 times)

Firmware problems 57E
« on: October 18, 2014, 04:49:29 AM »
Hello

for a few days i try to get my Pokeys57E working with my mill for step/dir generation.
I´m using the latest Mach3 full version on a new installed 32 bit pc running Windows XP.
The Pokeys is directly connected to the PC. My breakoutboard is from benezan-electronics and my drives are diy servodrives.
My drivers worked properly connected to the printer port, but sometimes Mach3 lost a few steps.

So i decided to switch to Pokeys and the integrated 3ch pulse engine.
But i had a few problems:

Using the latest version (3.1.38) my motors start moving when i start mach3. I can jog my axis with the keyboard, but Pokeys always wants to drive all 3 axis in one direction, even if the RESET Button in mach3 is pushed and the charge-pump function of my BOB is disabled - otherwise charge-pump function works fine.
Shutting Mach3 stops my motors spinning. Using the testfunction in the Pokeys Software everything is fine.

Then i went back to version 3.1.17 .
Here i got the problem that jogging by keyboard/gamepad, or starting the automatic homing function, is very slow (about 0.1% of my choosen max. speed). If i home the axis manually and jog my machine using g-code commands - the used speed is as fast as i choose in my gcode. I tried different changes, but without success.

At least i installed version 3.0.65
With this version jogging works well, but when i start automatic homing, the procedure is started and looks like everything works, but mach3 doesn´t recognize that my axis are homed. Ok i set my axis manually and tried a piece of testcode, then i saw that i got missing steps. (it has to be a controller-problem cause i use servo drives). And the charge-pump doesent work.

Hope someone can help me with my problems or give me tipps solving my problems with Pokeys.
Meanwhile i have to switch back to the printerport -.-

Greetings from Germany,
Josef

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: Firmware problems 57E
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 12:27:11 AM »
Hi, Josef

First check that you are running the latest Mach3 version available.

If you are using the latest version already, please export your PoKeys plugin configuration (if possible, latest version) and send it over to matevz@poscope.com for us to look at.

Regards,
Matevz
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 01:37:20 AM by NeoTO »
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 08:10:16 AM »
Hi Matevz

did you get my e-mail I sent you 2 days ago? or is it lost in your spam-folders cause of the .xml attachements?
i hope you can help me.

I´m running Mach3 version R3.043.066. Is there a newer one, i couldn´t find on the website?

Regards,
Josef

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 01:13:05 PM »
Hi, Josef

I received your email, but unfortunately, we can not find anything wrong with your configuration.

The version v3.043.066 is one of the latest and should be fine.

Please do the following:
- Connect to PoKeys device using PoKeys software and execute Device -> Clear settings
- delete PoKeys plugin configuration file (C:\Documents and settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\PoKeysMachConfig.xml)
- move Mach3 folder and reinstall it from scratch - no optimizations are necessary

When Mach3 starts, PoKeys should not generate any step pulses (especially not in emergency mode).

Regards,
Matevž
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 12:39:47 PM »
Hello Matevž

Meanwhile i took a 74HC595 ic to solder the easy port-expander from the manual of the pulse engine.
Trying this i had the problem, that i couldn´t jog my Z-Axis properly (it jogs only a few mm).
So I did all the steps you told me, and with a clean installation of mach3, and only setting the motor-parameter i could jog all 3 axis.
Now i did one change after the other on the config to look what i did wrong the last times.
Jogging my z-axis wasn´t possible after setting the software limit to +8. So i tried setting it to +10, changed the position of my home-switch and everything works :D

I took my backup, set my limit of the z-axis to +10 instead of +8 and my machine was useable again.

Now (hopefully) my last problem is my auto-tool-zero script. There is a problem with the G31 command - i always get a "probe error - overrun" after executing this command. And my Axis only moves 0.02 mm.
But I hope I´ll get this working, too.

Kind regards,
Josef
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 06:05:13 AM »
Hello Matevž, hello eCraft,

I have the same problem with the new Pokeys Firmware and the mach3 plugin:

Due to the fact that I have damaged my old Pokeys 57E I bought a new one (so my system has already worked fine with mach3 and the pokeys 57E).

During the new hardware installation process I downloaded the new firmware and mach3 plugin. After I have installed and updated the pokeys device and starting mach3 all three axis started to run without any G-code AND an emergeny stop!

I have found this thread and I have already tried to solve the problem by removing and clearing all software you have mentioned below. I have reinstalled everything and the same problem again: If I start mach3 the axis start to move. If I close mach3 and if I try to jog the axis via the pokeys sw (Pulse engine) everything works fine - no problem. If I start mach3 same problem again.

Mach3: R 3.043.066
Pokeys FW: V 3.1.38

Do you have any idea what could be wrong? I do not think that this is a hardware problem because:
- The system has already worked
- I have no problem with the pulse engine sw from the pokeys sw
- The problem starts and stops by starting / stopping the mach3 sw

Kind regards,
Markus

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 10:02:24 PM »
Hi,  Markus

Do the axes stop running if you release emergency stop switch (is switch polarity correctly configured?)? Did you have any application running when you started pokeys setup with the new version? It might have happened that communication library was not installed correctly and mach3 plugin is still using the old one. Please restart your computer and install PoKeys setup without any application running.
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 04:29:56 AM »
Hello borisz,
Thank you very much for your reply! If have:

1. removed the Pokeys SW by uninstalling it
2. removed mach3 SW by unistalling it
3. removed all folders and the PokeysMachConfig.xml from my personal Folder on my C drive
4. I restarted my Computer

Then I:
1. installed mach3
2. restarted my Computer
3. installed Pokeys SW
4. restarted my Computer
5. started mach3 and I have activated the pokys plug-in
6. restarted mach3
7. choosed my pokeys board
8. restarted mach3
9. started the pulse engine -> same Problem again: Motors are moving quite slow but moving

I have observed the following Points:
1. The emergency stop Input is wired correctly: If I press the button -> emergency stop, if it is release it -> not emergency and I can reset mach3
2. The motors are running EVEN the emergency button is pressed. If I release it and click reset in mach3 sw mach3 switches to normal operation and the motors are still moving with the same speed.
3. The Problem only occurs only if I start mach3. With the pulse engine of the pokeys sw it works perfect. If I have running mach3 even in the back ground and I start the pulse engine in the pokeys sw suddenly the motors start moving. If I close mach3 -> everything fine ...
4. The motor is moving quite slow. I measured the frequency and it's approx. 85 to 90Hz
5. Somethimes if I do some changes in the pulse engine but only in mach3 the frequency is changing and for a few seconds the Motors are running quite slower.
6. I have a second pokeys57E with a damaged emergency pin52 (I connected 24V DC to it -> RIP) but the pulse engine Outputs still working. This board has the older FW V3.1.17 and with this device it seems to work correctly (I have measured a frequ. of 1,6Hz but I suppose this is only because the value is quite low and out of the range of the multimeter). The emergency pin is always on so I have te3sted the new Installation with this board and the pulse engine works fine!

Question: How can I downgrade my new pokeys57E from FW V3.1.38 to V3.1.17? I suppose that the Firmware is the Problem ...

Thank your much for your Support!

Kind regards,
Markus
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 05:32:34 AM »
Dear borisz,
I have downgraded the fw to v 3.1.17 and everything works fine! No problem anymore and also the emergency stop works correct (if I press it the motors stop moving).

So I suppose there is something wrong with the new fw.

Thank you very much for your support!

Kind regrads,
Markus

Offline Azalin

•  181 181
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 04:07:37 PM »
Sorry bringing up this old thread.

How did you downgrade firmware of 57E? Where can I find an old firmware? I need to flash fw version 4.1.2 (or similar) but I have no luck on finding the old firmwares.