Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:39:13 AM

Author Topic: Servo for lathe spindle ?  (Read 30020 times)

Re: Servo for lathe spindle ?
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 07:05:30 AM »
sorry the drives are delta asda b2 750W and the motors ac servos delta as well..

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 07:07:46 AM »
Can you see the voltage going out of the CSMIO on the diagnostic page?

Dan
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2014, 07:42:42 AM »
yes
everything looks ok
i even installed a potentiometer and i can adjust it(fro) btw 0-10v and i can see it on the screen graph.
even with 0.7v it happens.only it stops because of e-pid in mach3 sending error and the drive stops because of that...
When i work and jog the drives from the delta driver everything is smooth and nice...

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2014, 09:22:56 AM »
Did you follow the Delta manual exactly? Did you set parameter P1-01 correctly? I believe it is something with the settings or the wiring of the servo drive.

Dan

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2014, 02:27:34 PM »
Have you tuned the motors in the IP-A plugin?
Try inverting the encoders in the CSMIO/IP-A plugin and see if that helps.
Also make sure you have the correct number entered for you encoders.

Hood
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2014, 06:22:58 PM »
Hi Hood!
I have been following your posts for quite a while and that is how i decided to get csmio!
Problem is i am not as experienced as you and Dan13 so i am spending hours and hours... :-[
I have tuned the motors with the drives.When i try to tune them with the plugin is almost impossible.The axis is moving very fast until it hits the limit switch.I have tried to tune the second axis to check if something is different but nope...
I have checked my cabling again and again but i dont see any mistake.Do you have any wiring diagram for connecting csmio a with a driver ?
In their site they show a connection with csmip s and a delta drive but i dont have step - dir so it must be different.
Do i have to supply 24v or 10v or 5v at the csmio encoder side connection to the encoder cables (6 pairs) that come from the drive? I am a totally new to servos so i don't know anything...!!
I have tried changing encoder numbers in the plugin but no good
Now when i try to jog the servo from the drive (not from mach) it moves and and as soon as i release the jog button comes back to where it was before jogging it...??
Dan 13: I have the servo changed into torque mode with P101 command.Before that it wouldn't jog at all(no analogue signal from csmio -it needed a pulse for position mode)
Thank you both for your help.I really appreciate it.If you ever come to Greece for vacation or something please let me know..
Thanks again guys!

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2014, 06:25:35 PM »
Hood: sorry i meant 6 cables coming from the encoders ( i.e. a+ a- b+ b- and z+ z-)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2014, 06:47:23 PM »
 You should not need to connect the 5v from the CSMIO to your encoder as it will be getting supplied from the drive already. You will be using the buffered (or possibly un-buffered)  encoder outputs from the drive to connect to the CSMIO.

You should be able to go into Mach and then into the CSMIO plugin and then into the axis tuning. With the reset still flashing in Mach you should then be able to rotate the motor manually and you should see the encoder count increasing or decreasing in the plugin tuning page.

If you do see the encoder count moving then what I would suggest is you choose the Invert box on the axis page to invert the encoder signals, see if that helps as it could be it is reading the encoder the wrong direction and thus it sees the motor moving the wrong direction and increases the voltage to try and correct.

Let me know how you get on, will check back tomorrow and see.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2014, 06:49:46 PM »
This is the box I am meaning, try changing it to the opposite of what you have now.
Hood
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2014, 04:34:29 AM »
Hi Hood,

I could not see the dros of mach moving but changing the dac nr and thr resolution of motor now i can see them in z axis with manual turning the axis.In x axis i cannot see any change in mach dro.I have removed all cables from csmio except the ones for the limit switches the e stop and the encoders.I have even changed to enc 2 input but no difference.the numbers are changing in the drive's panel but not on mach.idont get any fault or alarm condition.Should i try the enc 3 input(on the next connector?)? Do you think i have burned the csmio enc i/o input 1,2?or even have i damaged the servo encoder?
This think is driving me crazy...I have spent the whole weekend trying to solve it but.... :'(

Thanks
Tasbiz