Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 05:53:45 AM

Author Topic: Keyboard Plugin  (Read 7176 times)

Re: Keyboard Plugin
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 04:11:47 PM »
My Keyboard Jog started working, not sure what I changed to fix it.  I also found the ports and pins for the ESS it is under the I/O tab plugins ESS configure.  I selected the I/O pins for my three motors for step and direction. When I go to Mach configure to map the output I can only map the direction and the drop down menu does not show a selection for the step pins.  Still can not set the motors steps or other parameters. Help. Mark

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2015, 05:50:59 PM »
its in the motors page, under Mach config you don't set the motor port or pin in m4 you just enable or disable it on the motor map page its in the manual
all the setting need done on the ESS first once that's done you do a restart then map them in M4 its all in the Mach config page by page you just map enable set device what's under drop down click on column then click on input name it will all be there if you have set up the ess first and done a restart
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 10:51:47 AM »
I am setting the port one and pins in ESS I/O configure for my motors step and direction.  When is go to Mach Config to enable the outputs the drop dowe list does not include the motor step as an option to select.  All others show up for motor direction and other outputs coolant.  Are you saying that when I enable motor 1 for direction it also enables the step pin and I do not have to enable them separately?

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2015, 02:19:29 PM »
you don't set the motor pins in M4 you enable or disable it

under motors you tick what motor you are using then click on the motor number it brings up the motor tuning

under Mach config you set the motor with axis mapping under master you set motor number

you just have to make sure you have set the motor number in the ESS to what it will be in m4 config ie motor 0 is X. motor 1 is Y, motor 2 is Z, motor 3 is a

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2015, 07:31:48 PM »
I have a question that was asked on another thread last May but apparently never answered.  I want to set up my Jog-it pendant.  The setup and operation of the jog keys (X+, X-, etc) is straight forward and works well but the choice of functions to map keys to is limited to just those.  Can the list of functions be expanded to include others such as jog mode, jog increment, reset, home, etc.?

Peter