Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:30:42 AM

Author Topic: Backlash absolutely not working!  (Read 7365 times)

Backlash absolutely not working!
« on: July 25, 2014, 09:40:15 AM »
Hello!

We purchuased the version number Mach 3 Version R3.043.022 and wanted to adjust the backlash for the ballscrew in the milling machine.
When we configured the program we haven't seen any change in the dial gauge. ( the back movement backlash hasn't been corrected)
First we thought the version is maybe old, so we downloaded the newest one, but neither did it work. So we came here to read about any congifuration options, and everything that we can found we tried. We tried the 50-50-50 properties, little backlash for the axis, to bigger, backlash speed higher to lower, shuttle accel higher to lower even.

Here are the configuration what we have adjusted. Please note that we always used the dial gauge to measure the correction, but the program never corrected it.

Do you have any suggestion that we can do?

Thanks a lot,
Zsogol

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Backlash absolutely not working!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 05:46:18 PM »
Dont know whether you are set up in metric or imperial units but even if metric then 10mm is a huge amount. I am sure you do not have 10mm or 10inch of backlash, so set it to something more realistic and see if it makes a difference.
If it doesnt attach your xml and I will take a look.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 05:41:15 PM »
I have the same issue: on one computer I use for a lathe backlash didn't work for months then, for no reason, it started compensating.
The new lathe with a German version of Mach3 works ok.
Today I tried the old computer with a new 4 axis mill and backlash doesn't work...
How come??
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 05:04:09 AM »
Have a look at the classic video tutorial for this,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A27nOkTFYDY

backlash comp speed at 20% is so low as to sound weird and slow things down so much as be not much use, after following the video and making the appropriate adjustments and changes my backlash comp runs great.
Note that the backlash in the video is in the order of .001, mine is a little more on one axis but I wouldn't expect backlash to work for slop that gets into whole numbers!
Regards,
Nick
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 05:11:40 AM »
I think you misunderstood me: I know how to set up backlash and the making of all the fields regarding it in mach 3.
Simply it doesn't enable it when I flag the check box. No value in the motor tuning window, no % in the speed for it, no amount of compensation and no time to do it in General config make any difference.
It looks like the enable button doesn't work.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 07:13:07 AM »
Hi Resonance,

Are you using the Demo version where backlash comp. does not work and a licensed German version where it does work. ??

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 07:44:35 AM »
Hello!
They are both licensed.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 09:01:55 AM »
Did you input the settings, click OK, ........save settings, then go out  and restart Mach?

I never had any problems when I used BC And the 50-50-50 rule is about the best advice I could give to someone.

RICH
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 09:10:10 AM »
Yeah, did that, spent bout 4 hours making every combination possible of saving, reloading, rebooting... :(
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 10:06:06 AM »
I think you misunderstood me

No,
I was responding to the OP's post, as his settings are obviously off, I'm afraid I don't have an answer for the question you've posted on his thread ;-)
Regards,
 - Nick