Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:15:04 AM

Author Topic: Mach signal delay??  (Read 2949 times)

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
Mach signal delay??
« on: August 25, 2015, 04:07:18 PM »
Probably a tricky question but part of a discussion I have going on regarding pierce delay timings on plasma cutting.

Recommended delay might be say 0.2s but does not take into account any external delay which should be allowed for i.e. deducted.

Is there a known amount of loop or cycle time for Mach getting the "arc ok" signal from the plasma cutter and then telling the z axis to index down from pierce height to cut height etc????

Just trying to identify the variables at play.

Thanks

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Mach signal delay??
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 05:08:23 PM »
Mach3 does NOT have good dwell timing control. There are also factors involved with the torch itself. Mach3 timing below about.5 sec does not make any difference in the outcome.

There are also dwells involved with the execution of the macro itself both M3 and M5.

Also the first M3 of the program will ALWAYS have a much longer delay than programed.

You also have a M3/M5 dwells  that you can set in Mach3 config.

SO what was it you wanted to know again (;-) TP

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 01:13:20 AM »
That sums it up, thanks.

Its just a chat regarding the microscopic pierce delays requested and my quest to discover if it really makes any difference when I program a dwell of say 0.1s - seems not. :)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 10:50:18 AM »
Best thing to do is make a test cut and LOOK at what it is doing. IF if peirces cleanly then leave it be IF you need to add time add time IF you need to subtract time subtract time . BUT you will find there is a point that Mach3 cannot control it any better. There are about 4 different dwell points that can stack up on you from time to time. Then there is that it will NOT fire the torch(M3) from Gcode  problem. But then when you  cycle it it works fine. GGRRRR.

(;-) TP