Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:20:08 AM

Author Topic: CNC Machine won't respond to Mach 3 PC commands  (Read 18177 times)

Re: CNC Machine won't respond to Mach 3 PC commands
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2014, 08:10:10 PM »
The set-up guide that came with with hand-held (and the disc) call it "shuttlepro.dll
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2014, 08:13:08 PM »
A PC with Windows 7 and 64-bit is still compatible with the current Mach 3 software correct?  The PDF on the Mach3 site that I just downloaded says you need Windows 2000, XP or 32-bit Vista.  Surely Mach 3 is compatible with a more updated computer OS.   

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2014, 08:15:39 PM »
I am not sure if that will be it, shuttlepro is normally, when used with Mach, referring to a hand held controller.
Your actual control card, the XHC card will need a plugin as well.

Try this, go to Func Configs menu then select the Reset Device Select option. Next close Mach and restart it, you should then see a list appear asking you to select your motion control device. If you do not see something like NCusbPod then you do not have the plugin installed. If there is a ShuttlePro in the list then choose that but as said normally shuttlepro is not a motion control plugin.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2014, 08:18:06 PM »
You need a 32bit OS if intending to use Mach via the parallel port, reason being the pulsing engine (parallel port driver) will only work with a 32bit OS.

If using an external controller (you are) then you can use a 64bit OS no problem.
Hood
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2014, 01:00:59 PM »
Hello Hood,

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to assist me with my problem getting Mach 3 set up to properly communicate with our new CNC Router.

You were right, the "shuttlepro"file was for our wireless hand-held controller. We also found the "NcusbPod" file in the plugin and selected it but we are still DEAD (CNC machine not responding).

Here's the latest update. 

When we didn't select the "NcusbPod" file, the hand held controller would communicate with the Mach 3 control screen (move the dials, X,Y,Z, feed rates, etc. on the hand-held and the numbers change on the Mach 3 screen).  HOWEVER, if we select the "NCusbPod" as the motion control device,  (it shows up in the driver window adjacent tothe RED RESET button) but the RED RESET ESTOP button blinks, and the hand-held ceases to communicate with the Mach 3 screen.  If we click the blinking RED RESET button, the "NCusbPod" drops out of the Driver window immediately, leaving it empty on the Mach 3 control screen.

Either way (with our without the NcusbPod selected, the CNC Machine is not responding to Mach 3).  ANY OTHER GUIDANCE??  We are so frustrated!

Thanks again!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2014, 02:29:45 PM »
Please attach your xml, it will be the easiest and quickest way for me to see how things are set up on your computer and may make finding the issue easier.

Hood
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2014, 10:43:31 AM »
Did you get your machine running?
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2014, 10:52:44 AM »
Yes, we are up and running, Had to replace the control board though. 
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2014, 03:03:54 PM »
You replace with xhc or did you upgrade?
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2014, 03:45:59 PM »
Replaced xhc board with pmdx-126/pmdx-127 and ethernet smoothstepper