Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:10:44 AM

Author Topic: Up and running, but need a little "button help"  (Read 3554 times)

Offline GT390

•  16 16
    • View Profile
Up and running, but need a little "button help"
« on: July 08, 2014, 11:46:49 AM »
I have finally got my machine up and running,(Hurco 3 axis mill), I have everything pretty much configured, and have done some test cuts, I have a little problem though, with a hot key issue,  the "@" symbol toggles E-Stop on and off, I hit it by accident and of course lost position.
I have been in the ports and pins and set all the hotkeys to zero and have not configured anything in the hokey menu, they are all still at the default 999 setting.
I did have my E-stop hotkey as the space bar when I was testing the machine a few months ago, but have now removed that function, just this "@" symbol issue.
Can anyone advise me what the issue is - could I be doing something daft ???

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Up and running, but need a little "button help"
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 02:36:29 PM »
Are you using a custom screenset or have you altered the standard screenset? Could be you have set the Hotkey for the Reset to the @ key from within the screenset.
Hood

Offline GT390

•  16 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 09:26:00 PM »
Hi Hood, no, I am using the standard screen screenset, I am also using a storm 2200 keyboard like the one you have...
Cant figure this out, I did have a dialog box pop up unexpected, it said something about hidden script editor or something like that, I just closed it down again, not sure if that is related or not ???

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 04:51:10 PM »
Can you zip your xml, your macro folder and the screenset you are using and attach here. I will see if I can find your problem.
Hood

Offline GT390

•  16 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 05:58:42 PM »
Thanks Hood,  I have attached the zip files, I dont think I have modified the screenset at all, but I did start the project 18 months ago so not too sure

regards

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 02:27:22 PM »
Ok I see what your problem is, the default HotKey for the Reset button is ' rather than @ but they share the same key on a keyboard, just the @ requires the shift key also.
Anyway that hotkey is set in the screenset, to disable you will need to open the screenset in one of the screen designers and disable it.
Hood

Offline GT390

•  16 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 12:40:48 PM »
can you please tell me what the "screen designer" is and how I can find it

thanks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 12:54:51 PM »
The Screen Designers can be downloaded from this page  http://www.machsupport.com/software/downloads-updates/screensets/

Tweakie.
PEACE