Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:52:24 AM

Author Topic: Ezilathe - Tools for the CNC lathe  (Read 72486 times)

Re: Ezilathe - Tools for the CNC lathe
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2020, 07:16:13 PM »
Suggestion #5.
When I select a clearance of .050" for example on 1" diameter stock, it goes back to the stock diameter plus the clearance x2. I would like to see it keep that clearance on each subsequent pass in relation to the last pass. 
I like to run in diameter mode.

More to come as I use it.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2020, 02:17:25 AM »
Mike.
1) Ah, the zoom buttons. Tried various ways over the years, Current setup is probably best option due to Time (Zooming is slow) and memory (needs to work on 32 bit XP with low ram). Possibility of some other ways of displaying graphics exist (including the tool going around in simulate mode) that may make this practical in the future.
2) Yes, can do this. Highlighting the current move in a contrasting colour, and still marking the current position with a circle.
3) Yes, Whenever the Tool pulldown is active, a small window will be open next to it (Covering part of the graphic) showing the full tool description and a graphic like in the Tool editor. I can also align the tool editor with the Pulldown.
4) Yes, but at this point in time, will have to be one out of the fridge.

I will see how I go with the Current Update (Bugs etc Mach4 etc). These May or may not be included, but certainly in the one after.
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2020, 09:54:00 AM »
Mike.
It would be unsafe to Base the clearance diameter on the last cut, as anything could be in the way on the return leading to crashes.
Under some circumstances, to speed things up, a rapid retract to clearance diameter can be used. Next to Dxf setup tab is the Misc setup tab, with a checkbox for "Rapid X Retract". Speeds it up no end, but you cannot use with some tools that may get tangled up with the face.

Both the other suggestions in the next update, due in a couple of weeks (Hopefully, just getting some bugs out).
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2020, 04:29:27 PM »
I just thought that since the G-code simulation shows where the tools interferes with the final shape you could pick up those values and use them for setting the safe rapid clearance.

Looking forward to the update. Having a great time running the lathe now that it finally works.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2020, 01:06:53 AM »
This is Ezilathe Version 1.7.2
Download, Unzip to C:\Ezilathe or a temporary directory (if updating), and copy the files required to the C:\Ezilathe.
This version has many changes / corrections that should help in the generation of G-code for your lathe.
Please follow the PDF (Separate download) to assist.

Mach4 code can also be produced, and is now mostly tested.
Screwcutting under mach4 - G76 Working, but does not produce the number of cuts expected, so dry run first, it does not seem to be me at fault, unless I am missing something. G32 Not yet producing alternate flank cutting.
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2020, 04:53:50 PM »
Will load it up and try it out over the weekend.

Thanks for the update!!!!!

Mike.
« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2020, 10:59:08 PM »
This is Ezilathe Version 1.7.3
Download, Unzip to C:\Ezilathe or a temporary directory (if updating), and copy the files required to the C:\Ezilathe.

Mainly Bug fixes, but some new work included.
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2021, 06:37:17 PM »
Having trouble loading .dxf files nothing shows up. in the image section am i missing something?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 06:54:20 PM by Steve81 »
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2021, 06:50:43 PM »
Steve. Sounds like you have unzipped to C:\Ezilathe ok.
Next step is to pick one of the sample directories (Metric or Imperial), and copy the contents directly into the C:\Ezilathe as well.
This gives you a heads up for configuring to suit your needs.
Both Sample directories include "Materialsm.txt", the file you must have to operate.
It is done this way to avoid overwriting your customizations on the next update.
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2021, 07:06:57 PM »
Having trouble loading .dxf files nothing shows up. in the image section am i missing something?

apparently i had too new of a dxf file i used 2015 when i switched to r12 all was good.