Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:41:40 PM

Author Topic: Ezilathe - Tools for the CNC lathe  (Read 72472 times)

Re: Ezilathe - Tools for the CNC lathe
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 02:53:24 AM »
I saw a YouTube video on Ezilathe, looks good, finally found a download that I will try. Let you know how I go.
Is there anyway of putting the latest version up top of thread where it belongs?
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 06:12:49 AM »
Video looked good before I uploaded it, and they call that HD. Great Interest in how you go, especially if you find any bugs to fix (their are many).
Rich prompted a bit of a rewrite above + I keep finding odd bugs as well. A newer version is being tested, upload soon I hope.

Not sure if I can edit the 1st post in thread, will have to try.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 04:02:30 PM »
Machtank,
Just post the update and I'll put into the 1st reply of this thread.You can't edit it.

RICH
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 09:28:29 PM »
Thank you Rich. Probably better if you just put a note in the First post as below in a good bold font, as people still downloading the original.
 (easier for you, and keeps it all together)

"Updated Downloads available towards end of Thread"
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:30:51 PM by Machtank »
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 02:16:59 AM »
I've been using ezilathe on a number of gcode programs now, and it has worked very well on all of them. Mostly I have been using the dxf to gcode processor and the simulator. I have produced programs that work better in a fraction of the time. Once a tool table was produced, the simulator made fine tuning and adjustments to gcode very simple.
The threading setup is good, easily producing g76 code that hardly required any adjustments.
The editor and it's functions were also useful on milling programs as well, allowing sizes to be adjusted without hassle.
If you are looking for bugs - The tool editor looses changes if you move off a record without saving.
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2015, 12:59:10 AM »
This is the latest version of Ezilathe Version 1.3.

This update includes many bug-fixes, and improvements, including G32 code production and a Printed worksheet to assist in setting up the CNC lathe.

After the download is complete, extract the files (Both the exe and the chm files and the two sample directories) to C:Ezilathe.
If an existing installation, your original datafiles should remain usable.

For a new installation, as a minimum the file Materialm.txt from either sample directory is also required.
The other files in the sample directory are user data (a good starting point), just select from imperial or metric.

These files have been scanned with McAfee, and are Virus free. The updated PDF to follow.
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2015, 06:50:33 PM »
This is the updated manual to go with Ezilathe 1.3
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2015, 03:46:28 PM »
I have created a folder C:Esilathe and extracted the files to it. I have also copied the contents of the Sample Metric folder to this folder including materialm.txt.
However when I try to run Esilathe.exe, I get a message saying 'C:\Esilathe\Materialm.txt does not exist. Please copy to C:\Esilathe'

What am i doing wrong? Windows won't let me use \ as part of a folder name.

Thanks
Richard
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2015, 05:58:11 PM »
Richard, Thank you for your response.
The problem could be my shorthand - C:\Ezilathe (note Z not S in the name). You need to create a new directory Ezilathe directly off the root directory of your C: drive. The backslash is only the separator between directory levels (C: and below this Ezilathe)

To do this :-
Open Windows Explorer, and make certain that the navigation pane is visible (Go to View menu-Navigation Pane, and "Tick" the box)
In the navigation panel, select/highlight your C: root drive (usually shows as a name followed by (C:)
Right click on it, and a pop-up menu will open.
Select New from the pop-up and select Folder (Usually the only option here)
This should now create a folder down the "tree view" called New Folder.
While this is still highlighted, rename it to Ezilathe.

After all that copy the contents of the metric sample directory and the Ezilathe.exe, and ezilathe.chm (Help file) to the Ezilathe directory and all should be good.

Spend a little time setting up the program's setup data and you should find it useful.
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2015, 03:47:54 AM »
Thank you! Looking forward to giving it a try.
Richard