Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:05:33 AM

Author Topic: Ezilathe - Tools for the CNC lathe  (Read 72459 times)

Re: Ezilathe - Tools for the CNC lathe
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2020, 01:09:54 AM »
Hans - Just now finished it, so Attached Here.

This is Ezilathe Version 1.7.1
Download, Unzip to C:\Ezilathe or a temporary directory (if updating), and copy the files required to the C:\Ezilathe.
This version has many changes / corrections that should help in the generation of G-code for your lathe.
Please follow the PDF (Separate download) to assist.

Mach4 - Now supported at least in Basic form.
  Generates G-code from DXF's and Simulates. - Tried on Mach4 No Issues.
  G32 & G76 Threading - Working, but some issues on my Lathe with Mach4 (Early days however, issues could be me).
    G32 will not simulate, But runs on lathe - Pullout not as expected ???
       I note the example in Mach4 Lathe programming guide simply pulls out with G00. Hardly a Thread run-out.
    G76 Simulates / Runs, but Cuts with half the expected passes. (Try Double in Ezilathe)
    All threading - Spindle is not stable, seems to cut-out at start of thread.
    That said, Double checked all my code, seems to be correct, but a few questions.
  Note that all example date supplied is mainly Mach3, However the 2nd Configured lathe is set as per my testing of mach4, and has good G codes for mach4.
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2020, 10:55:36 AM »
Perfect timing, I just finished wiring my lathe last week.
Hopefully I can find some time to give it a good thrashing :)

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2020, 03:01:49 PM »
Hello Machtank,
many thanks for the Version 1.7. Its possible to create own tools?

Hans
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2020, 07:08:49 PM »
Yes. Tools may be edited and created in the tool editor window.
Second Button from the Left when you are on the "G Code Simulator" page brings up the Tool editor.
When a tool is not disabled (Checkbox at bottom of screen) you can see the effect of your changes you make in the input boxes above, as soon as you move off an input. Changes made will become available in the main program when you move the editor to another tool.
Changes made can be made permanent by pressing the "Save/Exit" button.
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2020, 11:12:46 AM »
Hi Machtank,
I finally had a chance to try out your program and put it thru its paces.
Thanks for sharing this with of us.

I have several observations and a problem.
See the attached file for an error that always pops up.
See the second attachment that shows the rounded end of my part gets cut at a shallow angle, removing the rounded end. It appears to be the finish cut that causes the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please let me know if you would like more input as I work with the program more.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2020, 02:55:57 AM »
Mike. Thanks for the input, it always helps to iron out these things.
1 - Error message, It's the % sign at the end doing it, was a last minute change before posting Program. First time I used it, it happened to me. This issue is fixed in the latest version.
2 - I notice a bit of gouging 1/2 way along.. Good to see it highlighting a tooling issue (as it should) with the 35 deg Diamond RH face/turn tool.
3 - The big one. May I suggest that you shift your DXF so that it Starts at Z0 and Ends at Z-2.775 or so. Setting Zero at the R.H. end of the Workpiece eliminates a lot of these strange issues in processing even if you later shift the G-code by Z - 2.775 (In the editor). Let me know if this helps, If not, if possible could you send me your DXF to Analyse.
Also you might try the Follow Polyline Function instead of Cut Right to Left, as the processing is completely different.

The Latest Patched up version is nearly ready, so any changes required could be incorporated in it.
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2020, 05:03:45 PM »
I will try out your suggestions and get back to you.

Mike
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2020, 07:28:54 PM »
Hi Machtank,
Moving the part to the other side of the Y origin solved most of the problems, especially the move after the arc.
I will do some more work and update you.

A couple of nice to haves would be;
1. Having the mouse wheel operate the scroll feature instead of having to use the icons at the top.
2. When scrolling thru the g-code in the simulator, along with the circle that indicates where the end of each move, highlighting the actual move would be awesome, especially when trying to find a problem.
3.Generic "pictogram"/drawing of the shape of each tool. It would help when picking out tools for the job. Even if the user has to provide a dxf of the tool when they create them.
4. A donation link to say THANK YOU in a more meaningful way!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Mike

« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2020, 02:45:08 AM »
Mike
Glad that fixed your issues, Hopefully All of them.
Your suggestions
1) The "Move Forward/Back 1 Line" Buttons in the Simulator Mode could be linked to the scroll wheel, Will put on the list, possibly for this update. That should work better.
2) In the simulator, Display mode. Picking on the end point of a move on screen or picking a line of code in the list box will put the circle on screen, and Highlight the Applicable line of code (Also highlighted in the editor). This also update the status line at the bottom of the screen. The Arrow keys may be used in the Listbox to move up/down the code. This should be all operating already on your computer, but has been developed under Windows 10.
3) Already Available under the Tool Editor Window (Open with 2nd Button from left in simulator). Allows Editing and Viewing your Tool list. In the sample Tool List supplied Some tool descriptions do not match tool entry. This is because My Lathe Back to front, i.e. I use LH Face tool to do the Job of RH Face Tool. Tool Entry data suits a conventional lathe. An Icon based on this data next to the Tool selection Pull down could be added, But not a small Job.
4) Suggestions & feedback are the best way.
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2020, 07:09:28 PM »
Hi Machtank,
1. I was talking about the zoom buttons, when selecting the segments it is tough to see the smaller one and it would be nice to zoom with the mouse wheel, select a line segment, then zoom back out with the mouse wheel.

2. Correct, but I would like to see the line that represents the G-code move highlighted instead of just the black circle. Example. When the move is an arc, the circle is at the end of the move, then you go to the next line of code and it is at the end of the next line. Did it get there in a straight line or by following the arc?
3. Found it, nice. How about a graphic then on the DXF processing page above where it says DXF setup that is linked to the tool selection drop down showing what you selected? I guess once a person gets a handle on what is what, they will know lathe tools like the back of their hand. Until then it is confusing.
4. Have a beer on me and I will keep sending the suggestions and feed back.

Thank,
Mike