Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:02:41 AM

Author Topic: Ezilathe - Tools for the CNC lathe  (Read 72462 times)

Re: Ezilathe - Tools for the CNC lathe
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2015, 12:30:23 PM »
Now running fine, it was the file name spelling mistake that was the problem.
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2015, 06:32:18 AM »
Hi
Great program, a pleasure to use.
Not sure if it is me or a bug, but if you import a DXF of a say a clock pivot (imperial units 0.08" diameter, 0.125" length) then you get a "need to be positive error" when trying to select on the drawing. Also when you use speed/feed calculator for such a small diameter the results are curious with a spindle speed of 3rpm.!
Thanks again
David
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2015, 08:53:54 PM »
Locomobile - Thank you for the feedback.

Bugs - It's me, needed something small but positive, so I picked 0.1 (thinking mm not inches) as being the breakpoint. Fixed for next upload as 0.0001 min dia.
Speed 3 RPM at 0.08" diameter, Seems ok here (refer attached Jpeg). A value in the override box (above speed box) could effect the value, or Max spindle speed for the selected lathe. Also the Materialm.txt file could be corrupt (Try reload from the metric samples directory, as is the same file as imperial sample).
If none of the above, a screenshot may help me if possible. Looking at the feeds displayed, I appear to need to check these as well (Look a bit low? I should check out Imperial mode operation a bit more).

Also, while I am here, do I need to support people with Auto tool changers, by putting in the odd M6 somewhere, or is it enough just for the user to change the tool selection field from (for example) "T0505,(Facing Tool)" to "T0505,M6 (Facing tool)" .
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2015, 04:59:36 AM »
Hi Machtank
Thanks for swift response
Re Bugs... thanks look forward to that ...is there a time scale?
Since posting I realised 1.3 was out, loaded that, the speed and feed calculations are now OK.
Regarding auto tool change I am a complete amateur having made 1/3 scale steam locos to clocks via restoring a full size steam car.
Since breaking my neck in 1999 larger sizes have been a problem, but as age creeps up so are smaller ones!
I am learning to use CNC to do the things I now have difficulty with like filing complex shapes and turning small diameters so no auto tool changes for me!
David
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2015, 07:54:19 PM »
Version 1.3 - Keeps getting better, all working well to date.

As for tool changes, I think that putting an M6 just after the T command is all that's required. The tool change options (under general config) and the contents of the M6 macros is all that's required to cover auto tool changers.
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2015, 02:01:14 AM »
Locomobile - Not sure when the next update will be available, Plenty to do. However if you wish I could send it to you direct (This + a few other bugs fixed) if you send a Personal message with your email attached.

The feeds in imperial were being covered by my 16 inches/min max feed under the lathe specs, that was also being read as millimetres. This is fixed in the next update (also warns that speed / feed is at Maximum for Lathe).

Toolchanges, yes already decided, hopefully will suit all. Program will optionally adds M6 between tool command and the comment - e.g. T05 M06 (Right hand face tool).

Other work is being done to improve some areas of the program (I never liked the Zoom in/out commands, I prefer Zoom Window/Extents etc. much easier).
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2015, 10:31:27 AM »
Hi Machtank
Have sent you a PM
David
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2015, 06:58:49 PM »
Hi locomobile
Just sent you the update. I hope you like it.

P.S. the car looks good.
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2015, 10:01:11 AM »
This is the latest version (at 26th June 2015) of Ezilathe, Version 1.4

This update includes many bug-fixes, and improvements, including Recent files dialog and Zoom window in simulator.
Many Bug fixes especially in the Imperial mode.

After the download is complete, extract the files (Both the exe and the chm files and the two sample directories) to C:Ezilathe.
If an existing installation, your original datafiles should remain usable.

For a new installation, as a minimum the file Materialm.txt from either sample directory is also required.
The other files in the sample directory are user data (a good starting point), just select from imperial or metric.

These files have been scanned with McAfee, and are Virus free. The updated PDF to follow.
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2015, 10:07:31 AM »
This is the updated manual to go with Ezilathe version 1.4