Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:35:34 PM

Author Topic: Problems by using the Stepmode all Axes will move at the same time [SOLVED]  (Read 16087 times)

Hello all,
i have an Problem:
We have retrofited an Maho MH600W with an DSPMC, an Pokey57E with an PoNetKBD48 and the old Indramat drives!
The Machine works fine when i use the Automatic, MDI and jog over the PC Keyboard!

When i use the Stepmode in Mach3 and i like to jog for exampe the x-Axis  over the Pokey KBD48 then all axes will move! When the error is big enough then the axes will goe uncontrolled thrue!  :-\
When i use the normal Jog mode and do the same over the PC Keyboard i can work without Problems!
I told this issue Mr. Matevž Bošnak from POLABS  he have checket all on his side and it looks good!
So i have no idea what´s happent on the DSPMC side!
I remember an Topic from here but no Answer
 http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,25789.msg181690.html#msg181690

I asket him how it is with all axises on his Machine but it looks the same! All axes will move at the same time just without the PoNetKBD48!

Has anybody an idea what´s happend?
Thanks for your Answer!

« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 07:03:31 PM by Vital System Support »
Re: Problems by using the Stepmode all Axes will move at the same time
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 08:12:13 PM »

In step jog mode, mach3 generates the commanded motion, and dspmc just make sure all axis follow the position stream from mach.  can you send the debug log text from the black dos window, so we can try to analyze what may be happening.

thanks

Offline pofo

•  55 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 08:41:52 PM »
I'm having the same problem. I'm using the DSPMC to retrofit an Accurite Millpwr. It works great except for this issue.

I don't have Pokey. I have a PC connected to the DSPMC, which is driving a Servo Dynamics 1525 servo amp.

In step mode, pressing any of the arrow keys will move all three axis the same direction the same amount. It doesn't matter which key I press, they all move the same direction.
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 02:01:11 AM »

pls send your mach3 xml profile to support at vitalsystem dot com.  will try to replicate and solve the issue.

regards,
Rufi

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 02:59:05 PM »
Hello,
thanks for your Answer!

I have send you an e-mail with the xml file so you can try to replicate!
I hope you will find out the reason for this issue.

When you like to get an error log tell me!
Cause the machine stay on an company and i can only do this over an remote conection.
When you wrote about an DOS window please descripe it how i have to use your loging mecanism because i havn´t used before!

One monre question:
I read in other topics about to connect an MPG too!
So why it is so important to connect the MPG directly over hard/soft encoder on the DSPMC?
You wrote that mach3 generates the commanded motion and the DSPMC wil follow the position stream!
Why i ask:
I work normaly with Siemens 804D Solution Line Controlls and SINAMICS Drives!
They use an Machine Conroll Pannel too ant the MPC is for Example only an part of the Controll not more (Without look up for Safety) ;D
So this is the reason wy i like to use the Pokey and the KBD48CNC and in future an MPG over Pokey.
This way is an very comfortable way to keep the outlay of wiring small.
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 03:05:58 PM »
Hello,

We made a plugin fix that can be downloaded from here:

http://www.vitalsystem.com/portal/motion/dspmc/DSPMC_StepGen.zip

NOTE: If upgrading from a version 7 or older firmware, please go over the "readme.txt" in the zip folder.

Aside from the plugin fix, the pid tuning for the axes must be tightened. This can be done in the Axis config tab in the Mach3 DSPMC plugin. Please use the graph as a guide.

Hope this helps,

- Marc Lim
Vital Systems Inc.
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 03:12:23 PM »
Hello Marc,

thanks for your Answer!
In will try out tihs!
but it will take a wile cause i dont like to this Softwareupdate over an remote connection! :D
I give you an request if it will work!
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2014, 03:17:00 PM »
Hello eurohoppel,

The MPG is connected directly to the Encoder Input Channels on the DSPMC because MPG and jog motion are performed inside the controller. Mach only issues commands to start the jog motion and displays feedback data. Having the jog motion and MPG motion generated inside the DSPMC improves the performance significantly and makes the motion more precise and responsive.

It is still possible to use a USB MPG with the DSPMC. You would just need to go to the System tab of the plugin config then look for a checkbox labelled as "Enable USB MPG". While checked, this option will disable the our MPG logic and prevent it from overriding the USB MPG plugin.

-Marc Lim
Vital Systems Inc.
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 03:41:30 PM »
Hello Marc,

thanks for your Answer!
Perfect!
It will help me for a lot! :)
I will try it out soon as posible and give you an request for this also.
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 10:56:11 AM »
Hello Ray,

Yes, the USB MPG update to the DSPMC plugin was applied not that far in the past. So a firmware and plugin update should allow you to use a USB MPG plugin.

Again, please follow the "readme.txt" in the DSPMC files zip folder because there is a small chance that you could brick your unit while improperly upgrading the FPGA.

-Marc Lim
Vital Systems Inc.