Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:37:51 AM

Author Topic: T-D 3 axis contoller  (Read 8743 times)

T-D 3 axis contoller
« on: June 02, 2014, 12:01:44 AM »
Hi Guys , This my first post and I am new to cnc and mach3.
A bit of background .. I'm a wood carver and have made my living from it for many years. website http://martinwoodartist.com and facebook page https://www.facebook.com/martinwoodartist . My work has always been a bit on the large side. Arthritis in my back has finely caught up with me and I am no longer able to do what I love. I managed to sell my last carved Torso and put the money towards a cnc machine and software in the hope I can continue working with wood. I only purchased a cheap one off ebay to learn on to start with.
I am hoping you guys can help me with your experience.
So here's the problems..

The short version..
After changing fuse the spindle comes on at full speed as soon as the controller is switched on and the spindle switch and speed control don't function.

Long version
My controller is a T-D 3 axis controller (that appears to be problem 1)
When I received and set up the system the setup indicated successful but the stop button did not work and the lights in the  switches did not work. No biggy I thought , Ill just work around that as everything else seemed to go fine.
I was learning bobcad cam v25 at the same time and had issues with the post processor. Bobcad resolved that with a new code witch seemed to work fine until I used 3d ..... So that was my first hole in the table. I did not pick up on the problem with G-code quick enough and a random unexplained command drove my spindle into my work piece for the second time . This time it blew the fuse in the controller . I took it apart replace the fuse, touched nothing else except for disconnecting everything. Put it all back together and found that now the spindle comes on full speed as soon as the controller is switched on and the switch and speed control for the spindle does nothing. And of course the stop button and the lights in the switches still don't work.
The jog and everything works fine although I haven't run another g-code until I hear back from bobcad.
I'm thinking that disconnecting and removing the fuse has reset something . I have spent many hours going through the settings but cant find anything that would affect it.

I hope somebody can help as this is quite important to me.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: T-D 3 axis contoller
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 03:31:49 AM »
Hi Martin,

Welcome to the forum.

Looking at your website, you have certainly made some extremely beautiful pieces - my congratulations sir.

Could you perhaps post a picture of your controller board so it can be identified as I suspect that some damage (other than the fuse) has been done to the spindle control circuitry. I may be an easy fix and if we can help you we would be pleased to do so.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 04:28:24 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I've taken these pics which I hope show you what you need to see.

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 04:33:53 AM »
Ok so those pics didn't seem to work.
Heres a link to my FB page where the pics are.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=307562752743072&set=pcb.307562959409718&type=1&theater

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 05:49:15 AM »
Hi Martin,

Yes the pictures help.

I am not a fan of the YOOCNC stuff and this board (PW3024) has caused others problems in the past - not that it is much help but my view is that this board is junk.

You really need to be into electronics (or know someone who is) in order to fault find and solve the problem as there are a number of components that need to be checked. In particular the IFR630, resistors R3 & R4, EL817 and its series 100 ohm resistor (plus other associated components of course).

If it's any help to you, this is the board's component layout and circuit diagram.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 12:29:43 AM »
Just an update in case its of any help to some one with similar problems.
I contacted a very knowledgeable local technician and sent him pics and a description of the symptoms.
Here is reply..
 First of all, our Chinesian friends got a couple of things wrong, as their service departments always do. Replacing the 3 pin 12 Volt regulator (a stock item in my workshop) will probably restore a few functions in your machine, but the spindle motor will be still permanently on. Replacing the IRF740 power MOSFET will probably cure this problem.
First of all it should be established what's gone wrong. The IRF can be checked for short circuit with a simple Ohm meter. The 12 Volt regulator with a voltmeter. If pin 3 the output pin gives you 12 Volt the thing works, if it gives you nothing, the thing doesn't work.
At this stage I dare say a couple of checks should be performed before decisions are made.

I sent this email to supplier who replied with " we'll send you another board" .
So I'm just waiting on the new board to arrive. 
In the mean time I have purchased some limit switches and a zero plate. I have no idea how to wire these in. Is it an easy thing or something a technician should do ?