Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 03:19:57 AM

Author Topic: Re: Mach 4 and Galil  (Read 17614 times)

Re: Mach 4 and Galil
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2015, 08:16:09 PM »
I'm also very interested in the Galil pluggin for Mach4.  I've been patiently waiting and now I have a lathe and a mill that I need to retrofit.
I do hope it is available soon.
Re: Re: Mach 4 and Galil
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2015, 05:26:29 PM »
Are there any updates on this plugin?

Dave

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2015, 06:20:08 PM »
We are working on it with Galil.  Maybe a beta by the end of the year.  But nothing set in stone as yet. 

Steve
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2015, 09:29:55 AM »
Steve, thank you for the update.  That is encouraging news.  I understand that nothing is in stone and yet just letting you know that there are people interested in having this complete. 

Jay
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2016, 08:31:49 PM »
Steve,

Any update available for the Galil plug-in?

Regards,
Jeff
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2016, 11:31:26 AM »
Has the Galil plugin been abandoned? It would be nice to update my machine to mach4.

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2016, 12:04:19 PM »
We are in the final stages of releasing it.  Be aware that it will be a licensed product for Mach 4, meaning there will be a cost to it.  As to what the cost will be, I don't know at this point.  

The "supported" controllers will be the 40x0 and 41x3 controllers.  However, the older 21x3 and 21x0 controllers may work but no testing has been done at this point.  Rigid tapping and lathe threading are not implemented yet.  ISA cards will not be supported at all.  

Galil is working on a special Mach 4 firmware that will enable advanced features such as movement coordinated outputs, single input probe latches, backlash compensation, and screw mapping.  This firmware will be available to users that purchase a 41x3 or 40x0 from Galil.  This firmware will not be available for the older controllers.

Steve
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2016, 12:08:46 PM »
Thanks for the update.

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2016, 03:08:18 AM »
Ok, I finally found this post to reply to it.  The Mach 4 Galil plugin has been release and it is up on the website.  

The new "special" Galil firmware is NOT released yet.  You must use the latest GA firmware releases, 1.2d or higher for the 41x3 controllers and 1.2e or higher for the 40x0 controllers.  

It is probably not a good idea to try this on an older Optima or Econ controller.  Why?  I have not had time to even test with them.  :(  This means they are not officially supported.  If you buy the Galil plugin and try it with the older controllers and it does not work for you, expect little or no response/help/support.  Galil had to fix their firmware for the 41x3 and 40x0 controllers to allow for faster communication.  (See above firmware versions.)  I have no idea if they are merging that fix into the older controller's firmware updates or even if they need it as it could possibly only needed for their new generation of controllers.  I just don't know.  I also don't know, at this point, when or if I will get a chance to look at any of the older controllers to check them out.  

The reports are sweet though for the 41x3 and 40x0 controllers.  :)

Steve