Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:23:51 AM

Author Topic: ScreenSet Question  (Read 25736 times)

Re: ScreenSet Question
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2014, 11:18:43 PM »
Don't know what you mean by PAGES. You mean like the Mach3 Pages ? If so, that would just be the different tabs in the tab control.

No, you can have pages just like the Mach3 pages. I explained that earlier today.

Hey Gerry, I saw that post and and and created one as you illustrated, then closed EDIT.
So, where is this new page now, and how do you navigate to it in the finished screen ?

Thanks,
Russ

TP, I was confused a bit as you and Gerry are talking about 2 entirely different "Pages" and I wasn't sure which you were referring to.

My mind has a hair trigger ... please don't blow it.  ;D

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2014, 11:45:55 PM »
Actually reading BACK he and you were describing the same thing (;-) I was the rockhead that could not find the +Page ICON.

(;-) TP
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2014, 12:15:49 AM »
If you click on the top item of the tree (wxMach), you can add a page with the "green plus" toolbar button.

Hey guys, here is where I went awry.
Per Ger's quote (TP-Mach3 Example) in this case, you can see where the new Page shows up in the tree.
Where does this end up ? and how do you get to it in the .set ?

If you click on  "notebook7", then hit the Add Page button, a new tab will be created in the notebook.

I'm guessing that this is what Gerry actually meant to say. ? ? ?

Clear as mud now  :)  ::)
Russ

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2014, 07:18:10 AM »

No, I was talking about pages like in Mach3, not tabs. With tabs, you have Terry's original issue, where anything not in the tab control is always on the screen. Sometimes desirable, sometimes not.

I haven't really dug into the screen designer at all, but I'm assuming you can adda button to change pages, exactly the way that Mach3 works. (Just not as easy :) )
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2014, 07:38:56 AM »

I haven't really dug into the screen designer at all, but I'm assuming you can adda button to change pages, exactly the way that Mach3 works. (Just not as easy :) )

If you happen to, please post the procedure. :)

Otherwise, I just look at the M4 screen as ONE page with ONE notebook filling the entire screen area. Then, clicking the tabs are basically identical to changes pages in Mach3, each TAB/Page having its own attributes.

I gotcha now, thanks,
Russ :)
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2014, 07:58:23 AM »
Can you find a Reset FRO to 100% button call ?

(;-) TP

mc.mcCntlSetFRO(number mInst, number percent)
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2014, 08:06:59 AM »
I guess you'll have to script a button, otherwise, I wonder how items are added to the list of choices ?
Is this done underneath ? Will there be more added later ? The OEM code list in M3 was much larger .. iirc.

Russ

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2014, 10:05:16 AM »
OK can anyone give a working example on scripting for this function??  "Reset FRO to 100%".

YEs I saw the function in the LIST. But that does not tell you how it is suppose to work.

Hopefully the IDEA is to NOT to have to write a script for NORMAL CNC functions.

(;-) TP
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2014, 10:14:50 AM »
local inst= mc.mcGetInstance();
fro=mc.mcCntlSetFRO(inst, 100);

--paste in the click script
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2014, 10:25:22 AM »
local inst = mc.mcGetInstance();
mc.mcCntlSetFRO(inst,100)