Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:10:49 AM

Author Topic: ScreenSet Question  (Read 25740 times)

Re: ScreenSet Question
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 09:47:53 PM »
Hey TP,
I just went to View/Load Screen/Screens/Blank.set.
Then, select a GROUP and drag it to fill the screen. (this may or may not be necessary but that's the way the original was, also left the "Label" empty) Then add a TAB control, drag it to fill the GROUP box (if it was even necessary ?). Click in the top of the TAB Control near the border (off the tabs) and click "Add a Page and place 6 or more as needed.
Then the real work begins. :)

I did this as an experiment but did not complete it with all the objects and such.
I'll assume it will work though, let me know if it don't. I plan to do similar in the future ... I see where you're going  ;) and hope you might post the .set when you're done. ;D    but will understand if you don't. :)

Russ :)
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2014, 09:49:45 PM »
btw, when you initially open the Blank.set, it is totally blank. Go to EDIT and it comes up as stripped down to the DEFAULT set-up and ready to go. Edit away.
Russ

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2014, 10:05:40 PM »
OK i think I see where I went wrong(;-)

What I am trying to do is MIMICK a Haas Control Panel as they are about one of the best for todays operators as to ease of use.

BUT I have to have a simple Hotkey set up as it is mostly {Fkey} and KEYBOARD controlled. Also for teh normal control you must be able to use say {F9} on different pages with different meaning. It would depend on the page as to the meaning.

FOR ME that is not really  problem as I have 72 possible {Fkey} combinations to pick from.

AS is trying to {TAB} through all the stuff is all but impossible. You could break all the control panel selections down some MORE to limit the tab selection BUT it just adds to the complication.

BUT at this point I do NOT see a NO MOUSE solution on the horizon.

(;-0 TP

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2014, 10:12:05 PM »

BUT at this point I do NOT see a NO MOUSE solution on the horizon.

(;-0 TP

Touch screen ?
 :)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2014, 10:21:47 PM »
HIYA Russ, I followed you up to the point of creating PAGES. I cannot find anywhere to do that. Can you break it down to rockhead speak (;-)???

Even with touch screen(not the preferd method) you do NOT have enough internal function calls yet to do the job WITHOUT custom LUA coding. Can you find a Reset FRO to 100% button call ? So far M4 does not have all the calls that M3 did for button access.

MAYBE IF there is ever a proper Mach4/Lua/Wx.Lua manual I might can figure it out.

I can MAKE the screen LOOK Haas that is easy enough to get all the screen pages add and working from the tabs BUT that is the simple part (;-).

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 10:27:01 PM by BR549 »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2014, 10:31:53 PM »
OK I FOUND IT DUHHHHHH and slap to the head, (;-) TP

Good thing Gcode is not this complicated (;-)
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2014, 10:35:28 PM »
Don't know what you mean by PAGES. You mean like the Mach3 Pages ? If so, that would just be the different tabs in the tab control. Click in the upper portion JUST beside the last existing TAB, then click the Add a Page button, then highlight any of your tabs and clink in the field of that tab to define it and to add objects.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2014, 10:40:20 PM »
Hey TP,
I just went to View/Load Screen/Screens/Blank.set.
Then, select a GROUP and drag it to fill the screen. (this may or may not be necessary but that's the way the original was, also left the "Label" empty) Then add a TAB control, drag it to fill the GROUP box (if it was even necessary ?). Click in the top of the TAB Control near the border (off the tabs) and click "Add a Page and place 6 or more as needed.
Then the real work begins. :)

I did this as an experiment but did not complete it with all the objects and such.
I'll assume it will work though, let me know if it don't. I plan to do similar in the future ... I see where you're going  ;) and hope you might post the .set when you're done. ;D    but will understand if you don't. :)

Russ :)

HIYA RUSS I was using YOUR works not mine(;-) YOu called it pages.

YES it is that Page looking ICON thingy with a + on it (;-)  I figured it out AFTER pressing every thing on the screen (;-)

Thanks, (;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2014, 10:42:49 PM »
HEY WAIT A MINUTE what is that "SELECT BEVERAGE TAB" doing on your screen ???? You holding out on us ???

(;-) TP

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2014, 11:01:35 PM »
Don't know what you mean by PAGES. You mean like the Mach3 Pages ? If so, that would just be the different tabs in the tab control.

No, you can have pages just like the Mach3 pages. I explained that earlier today.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html