Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:40:43 PM

Author Topic: Pc recommendations for Mach3  (Read 2769 times)

Pc recommendations for Mach3
« on: May 05, 2014, 09:08:33 AM »
I have an old dell that I am using but seems to bog down in communications sometimes.  Only have Mach3 and Vcarve Pro on it.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a new computer that is reliable and that has a parallel port on it of pci to accepted one.  Just wanted to see what others are running.

Thanks
Brooks
Re: Pc recommendations for Mach3
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 11:08:38 AM »
No recommendations.  I was thinking about getting a pc that has XP embedded.  I would still like to use V-carve pro or even Rhino in the future on the computer while CNC is running sketching or drawing next project.

Thanks
Brooks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 11:34:16 AM »
I would still like to use V-carve pro or even Rhino in the future on the computer while CNC is running sketching or drawing next project.

Hi Brooks,

Not a good idea.  :'(
It is far better to have a dedicated machine PC which just has Mach3 on it and then use a laptop (or similar) for your design work. ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 12:21:23 PM »
Tweakie thank you.  That might be where I have my issue now.  I will uninstalled Vcarve pro and see if I even need to get another computer. 

Brooks

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 12:58:52 PM »
When Mach3 is running a program, you should not do ANYTHING on the PC, except click Feedhold, or Stop.
Running other programs will almost always cause issues. Even clicking in Mach3's toolpath can cause issues on some PC's.
If you want to run V-Carve Pro while the machine is running, get an external motion controller like a Smoothstepper. ut I'd still recommend using a separate design PC.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html