Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:42:02 PM

Author Topic: Pin assignment  (Read 3779 times)

Pin assignment
« on: April 30, 2014, 04:06:31 PM »
I have a Anahiem Automation driver Model DPF41BB1. trying to upgrade from 486 to a new Dell XP  I have installed MAch 3 and cannot figure out the pin assignments. This is an old driver that takes two ports to plug into. I can get the machine to move X,Y and Z with the nudge buttons. But I cannot figure the limit switches. The CNC machine is a Digitool machine

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Re: Pin assignment
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 06:32:59 PM »
What part is confusing you? Do you know where the limits are physically connected? Are they NO or NC switches? Do you have the pins enabled for the limit switches? Is the active state correct in relation to the type of switch? Can you trigger them manually? What happens on the diagnostics page when you do trigger one?
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 01:43:21 PM »
What I have done is-
486 computer running bobcad
two ports in old computer connected to the Anaheim Automation driver connected to a Digitool CNC.
Everything worked great for 20 years - old computer died.

Had a computer guy install a card for the second port in our dell computer and configure the printer and second port.

I diconnected the drive (Anaheim Automation driver) for the 486 and hooked up to the dell.
I have no paperwork from the old system on pin configuration.  

I have connected the pins as much and can jog th x,y and z axiz in the correct directions ( not the correct speed but can correct that later.
I cannot figure out which pins connect the limit switches. Connecting port one (1) to pin 10 shows a tripped limit. I have switched pins from port one all the way thru 16 pins for the x axiz

To test the limit switches to see if they are NC or NO
When I put a continuity tester on the z limit switch with the driver on or off I have a solid audible sound with the switch open and closed

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Pin assignment
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 09:43:18 PM »
What type of switch is being used as a limit? Mechanical? Other? Can you test it independently of the driver?
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 10:13:38 AM »
It is a mechanical swith

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 12:54:34 PM »
CAN you look in the OLD software for the pin assignments ???  SURELY the manf would know what they are, have you contacted them ?

Otherwise you will have to manually MAP out the pin assignments one by one.

(;-) TP
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 01:11:14 PM »
That is what I have been trying to do...........what a process  very daunting.  I have no paper work from the old system, the software is to old and not supported and the old computer died a slow agonizing death

Offline 1Acnc

•  28 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 12:38:03 PM »
I am new so bear with me if I don't know what I am talking about.
Have you seen the automated setup of inputs?
Config  -  Ports and pins  -  inputs and pins tab  -  there is a automated setup of inputs button under the chart.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 01:38:39 PM »
There you go, an EXECELLANT idea ?