Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 03:17:22 PM

Author Topic: 3040 and Controller board advice Toshiba 6560 etc  (Read 1799 times)

3040 and Controller board advice Toshiba 6560 etc
« on: May 17, 2014, 07:44:43 PM »
hi all
 hapy to be here and look forward to chatting :)
I bought a 3040 with a 6560 controller board very cheap. It had controller board issues and kept blowing fuses on the PSU when it was connected. When i first plugged in with no external gear connected (steppers, spindle) there was a small plume of smoke from around the x-axis 6560 and it instantly blew a fuse.
i woudl love to buy a gecko540 for it but that would take the fun out of buying it so cheap - so....can anyone recommend a reasonably priced reliable non step missing 6560 based controller??? :) surely there is a reliable one?
i cam across this article on how to fix these boards in terms of missing steps etc. cool fix well done

http://www.homediystuff.com/fixing-a-chinese-made-cnc-stepper-motor-driver-board-tb6560-chips/#LetsStart

i have attached a photo of the board. maybe i could replace the chip but the fault might be elsewhere. there is some discolouration around some legs in the middle of the chip.
For the money maybe the better option is a new board.
Open to any advice?
:)
cheers all thanks scott