Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:10:22 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 problems  (Read 7189 times)

Mach3 problems
« on: April 11, 2014, 05:50:01 AM »
Hi guys, I've got Mach3 supplied with a Routout CNC. I've copied the license file over (ages ago so can't actually the name of it?). I've been setting it up and playing around and today have used a g-code with 2000 odd lines but it's stopped at line 500. Reading online I've found that this is due to the fact that it's running in demo mode? The license name is PAPA FABIO which some are saying is a pirated username? When I go into about it says that (doesn't say its demo or anything). Is this pirated or could it be that I've not copied the file over correctly or the file is damaged?

All replies greatly appreciated (the faster the better :-) )
Some call me Jonny.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 problems
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 06:44:40 AM »
Is this pirated
YES, you need to purchase a license.

RICH
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 09:19:03 AM »
Is it possible that they've used a bulk license or is it definitely illegal? They don't seem like the kind of company that would, they're UK/US based and look and sound legit.
Some call me Jonny.
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 11:20:28 AM »
Spoken to Scott and he's confirmed it's pirated. Just got to wait 2 weeks until Routout come back from their 'training'!
Some call me Jonny.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 04:30:16 AM »
So Routout supplied the PapaFabio licence?
Hood
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 04:25:36 AM »
Indeed. They supplied a CD (burned disc and black marker written on it!) with the software and that license file. Paid for it so they WILL supply a proper file for it on their return! At first I thought it was named that as they'd got a bulk volume license or something.

QQ - why Papa Fabio? Is that the alias of the hacker or something?

I can carry on testing the machine to find suitable speeds and feeds and get comfortable with it for the time being with the 500 code limitation (pocketing/profiles circles!), but this potentially puts us out if we can get setup/speeds sorted but can't run the programs. Annoying.
Some call me Jonny.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 05:05:16 PM »
Is this RoutOut CNC LTD in the UK or someone else?
Hood
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 04:41:54 AM »
Yes http://www.routoutcnc.com/ and they've even recently moved to Leicester! (where I am). That 2 week training is probably to complete the move and train new staff.
Some call me Jonny.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 05:19:21 AM »
QQ - why Papa Fabio? Is that the alias of the hacker or something?

Papa Fabio is one of the oldest pirate licenses around, it no longer works but I think Routout CNC perhaps have a bit of explaining to do over charging a customer for a pirate license or even supplying anyone with a pirate license even if no charge was made.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 05:26:05 AM »
This was charged at an additional cost (as far as I remember). As soon as I've spoken to them and gotten an answer I'll post back here with the results. You never know they could end up on the wall of shame! We originally didn't order it and did so at a later stage if I remember right.
Some call me Jonny.