Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:44:43 AM

Author Topic: rebooting problem  (Read 8976 times)

Re: rebooting problem
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 02:04:59 AM »
try downloading same version of xp and install that again use your key on side of machine you should be OK
I sell M$ software there wil be conflict with license.
if that does not suite you ask to burrow friends same deal you use your oem license

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2006, 07:43:33 AM »
Hi:

There is a DRO on the diags page called "Time in Int" , if this reades 40, the computer can reboot. What does your s average??

Art
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2006, 11:29:47 AM »
it averages 4.5-5.9
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2006, 11:37:07 AM »
It is very likely that dell has a ton of extra crap on that pc, all their crazy antivirus and all.  How well does Mach run on the older machine? You wouldn't want to run it on a main pc anyway?

Jon
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2006, 12:08:20 PM »
it seems to run fine on the old pc.  I purchased the 1.13 dell for the router
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2006, 04:20:20 PM »
dell is notorious for bad systems
and you may not be able to uninstall some of there spyware that may interfere with mach
3 worst pc venders are compaq ,dell and gateway
gateway has improved somewhat
I will not buy hp products anymore on that note from what I see of mach software (stilll not at the setup stage)
looks very promising as state of art controller my dual cpu will not work with it so I am at the point of looking at small itx boards to stuff the controllers and system all in one box
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2006, 12:44:56 AM »
I have it semi stable now enough to work with it, at this point I am trying to get my motors turning

buy the way guys thank you very much for all of the help so far I am sure I will need more
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2006, 10:07:13 AM »
I think that if you totally reformatted, and only installed windows and then went through the optimization guide, it could potentially work much better.

Jon
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2006, 10:52:10 AM »
I agree Jon but right now I am trying to get these drives going to see if I put them together right, to let me know if I should just buy drives or not I may just buy the drives anyway because I think I made a poor choice going with the a3977 stepper drives they may not be the right ones for my motors. I would have to download a copy of xp and I am afraid of picking one up with a virus or something