Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:15:56 PM

Author Topic: rebooting problem  (Read 9029 times)

rebooting problem
« on: February 23, 2006, 01:44:01 AM »
Hi I have installed mach3 and watched the videos but when I go to configure mach to run my motors the computer reboots usually when I try to drag the scroll button this is really confusing can anyone help me?

thank you

Rob  ???

ynneb

Re: rebooting problem
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 04:52:06 AM »
Thats an odd one. Never heard of it b4.
Some areas that can cause problems is background running services and programs.
Also get rid of Quick time if you have that installed on the computer.
If you look in www.machsupport.com you will see a button for "optimise file". If you follow it, this should also help with setting up XP for running Mach.

You may be thinking Mach should run like any other program on windows without these problem. If you think about it, Mach is designed to run dangerous machinery, you need to make you computer as Mach friendly as possible, even if this does mean doing all the things that the optimise page suggests.

If after doing all this, please let us know if it helped or not.

Art

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 08:03:44 AM »
If Mach reboots, there are usually two things causing it, either its too slow a CPU (if this is less than 500Mhz, then thats why..) or you need the special driver.
If you need the special driver, then running DriverTest.exe form the mach3 folder will reboot. If running that program reboots you, runt he batch file called specialdriver.bat and try again.
  If drivertest.exe doesnt reboot, then run the optimising file as Benny suggested..

Art
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 11:48:28 AM »
the computer is a 1.13ghz dell the driver test does not reboot the system its when I try to do all the settings in particular when I try to scroll the page it is very strange to say the least I even tried the special driver with no change

Art

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 12:56:09 PM »
Hi:

I think Bennys correct, run the optimising routines in the optmimisation.txtx file fromthe www.machsupport.com website, it sounds liek a conflilcting process..

Thanks
Art
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 12:56:10 AM »
Well I have run all or the optimising things on the list when I run a driver test it is great just like on video, when I try to do things within mach the computer reboots especially in motor tuning this has me stumped I even upgraded mach to the newest version thinking that a file might have been corrupted or something like that I really don't know what to do?

Rob
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 06:53:12 AM »
Did you reboot after the first install?
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 12:01:05 PM »
I am pretty sure but say I didn't how would I remove everything to try again?

thank you

Rob
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 07:12:49 PM »
There is a section in the manual that tells you how to take the driver out
You can download it from the download page here http://www.artofcnc.ca/Mach2.6.11.pdf It is the Mach2 manual but it will help you...
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 01:32:05 AM »
Ok I have removed everything reinstalled rebooted ran the driver test which was ok and still it is rebooting man this is getting frustrating! just out of curiousity I installed mach on my old amd650 and it worked no rebooting lots of interference when I tried the driver test though but I expected that due to the fact that I did not run the optomizing procedures on it.  I am thinking this might be a hardware or OS problem with the computer the only problem is they did not give me a copy of the OS when I bought the computer they said it was a licensed copy and the key is on a sticker on the side but that doesn't help me reinstall so I have no idea what to do heeeeelp!

Rob