Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:50:00 PM

Author Topic: Pokeys56 and Smoothstepper (ethernet)  (Read 16661 times)

Offline tantan

•  130 130
    • View Profile
Re: Pokeys56 and Smoothstepper (ethernet)
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 10:51:35 AM »
Hi,

Neoto explained me that this cannot be asmoothstepper issue. Within a few weeks i will test my pendant with the sro funtion in combination with a cslabs controller. I will report my findings here,

Tnx tantan

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 12:45:15 PM »
Hi,

Neoto explained me that this cannot be asmoothstepper issue. Within a few weeks i will test my pendant with the sro funtion in combination with a cslabs controller. I will report my findings here,

Tnx tantan

I explained to you that this can not be PoKeys's issue if Smoothstepper is crashing, not the other way around.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline tantan

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 12:56:37 PM »
hi yes, i am sure you are right. but i want to do the test to convince the smoothstepper guys!
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 02:59:41 PM »
Hi,

this evening I had only time to verify that disabling the SRO by deactivating the encoder at pin 5 and 6 will lead to a smooth run of an example g-code.

Even with the spindle at maximum revolutions I had no longer any issues. I tried that several times.
That leads to the question whether filtering of the encoder inputs could improve ruggedness against radiated noise from the spindle driving circuit?

I will try it tomorrow evening and report the results here.
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2014, 04:19:05 PM »
In the meantime I've added 1k resistors and  10nF capacities to pin 5 and 6, the inputs of the encoder for SRO, but to no avail.

Wolfgang

Offline tantan

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 04:54:30 PM »
Hi,

I do not think this is a hardware issue. According to neoto  the plugin of SS is causing the trouble
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 05:46:07 PM »
Hi,

I think I've have to agree with you. I hope this issue could be cleared by an update of the plugin.

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 01:06:19 AM »
I overlooked your post, tantan, that SS plugin produces an error only after these glitches. So, please confirm - SS plugin does not crash immediately, but after there are glitches on the SRO value.
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline tantan

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2014, 03:15:00 AM »
Hi,

Yes, that is exactly what i notice!
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2014, 04:24:48 AM »
Hi NeoTo,

I experience exactly the same effect, but with an Smoothstepper USB. If the encoder of the pendant, based on the PoKeys56U, for SRO at pins 5 and 6 is disabled, there are absolutely no problems with the smoothstepper. The fault with the smoothstepper, as mentioned by TanTan, occurs only with the encoder for SRO set active, even with RC- filters attached to the inputs. There is no difference whether you make a move of an axis with the MPG or by running a job.
With the spindle switched off, it doesn't matter whether the encoder for SRO is active or not.

Wolfgang