Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:42:51 AM

Author Topic: New Member:Help with Mill spindle motor  (Read 11994 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: New Member:Help with Mill spindle motor
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 01:16:40 PM »
Unless you can get a compatible drive for a reasonable price then really the motor is not much use. I think all the MKD motors have resolver feedback but often they have a piggyback encoder for feeding the control. If it had been encoder with commutation you could possibly have used one of the Allen Bradly DSD drives and set up a custom motor profile but if it is indeed a resolver then afraid the DSD drives do not accept them.
 You could use an encoder without commutation however but you would have to set it up as Self Sensing, that would mean each time you powered up the drive it would rotate 1/4 turn or so to work out the commutation required, for a spindle that might not be too much of an issue.

Hood

Offline GTM-S

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 07:33:45 AM »
Hi Hood

I have read in the documents that the KG0 in the articel no. means K=Resolver feedback with integrated multiturn absolute encoder, G=straight axel without keyway, 0= No Brake.

Thomas
Thanks

Thomas

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 08:07:16 AM »
Do you know the output of the encoder? Does it have Hall signals?

Hood

Offline GTM-S

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2014, 09:45:22 AM »
Hi

I dont know if there is a hall sensor and what the difference is from a encoder

Attached is the documents on the motor
Thanks

Thomas

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2014, 01:20:52 PM »
It looks like it is an intelligent encoder similar to the Sick Stegmann Hiperface type but it doesnt really say. If it is then it should work with the DSD drives but it would be a risk.

Hood

Offline GTM-S

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2014, 03:45:06 AM »
I have talked to Rexroth about what drive to use and they have sent me a manual for that drive, witch can be found on ebay.
I got the motor really cheap and it would be nice to use it

But not sure how to hook it up to Mach3.

Attached is the indramat manual.

Thanks

Thomas
Thanks

Thomas

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2014, 11:12:53 AM »
I want to see video of it up and running with the 10 tool changer!
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2014, 05:29:16 PM »
You would need to use a double pole relay and you would switch the relays from the M4 signal from the CSMIO for going CCW.
So 0-10v connects to the relay as in pic below and the outputs of the relay connect to the drives analogue input signals. When commanding M3 the positive will flow out the top wire and 0v the bottom. If you command M4 then the relay will shift over and the polarity will be reversed.
You will also require a signal so that when M3/4 are not called (ie M5 or spindle stopped)  the spindle is not allowed to move, you may be able to have the limit inputs of the drive connected to that signal, so  if you had another relay you could use that to  control things. ie you have the M3 and M4 outputs controlling that relay and have the NC contacts of the relay to the digital inputs for the limits on the drive. So what happens is when no M3/M4 command is present the limit inputs on the drive get a signal and thus the drive will not move the spindle.
When you command M3 the relay will get switches and that will remove the limit inputs to the drive and allow it to follow the 0-10v signal.
When you command M4 then the double pole relay will get switched and the polarity will reverse.

Hope you follow as it is quite hard to put down in words what is essentially very simple.

Hood

Offline GTM-S

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2014, 05:05:41 AM »
Okay I think I follow, and this is for a drive that not acceps step/dir, and to reverse the ploarity of the 0-10 to 0-(-10)V, I will try alittle more to find a step/dir drive before I go this route.

I have opened the feedback and it is a absolute encoder with a battey attached to it, and a Resolver with this label on it "LTN Servotechnik GmBH, RE-15-4-D01, S/N 11654343, se attached pictures.
I found a company in the US that might have a driver I am looking form but they have not yet answered, they are Advanced Motion Controllers, www.a-m-c.com.
The sign on the motor say 70V/1000 Rpm, so I guess I need 400V to get to 6000 Rpm

I have not yet got a film of the ATC, and I am redoing some parts to make it operate smoother, and installing the new spindle and motor, when I have it working I will post a film.

Thomas
Thanks

Thomas

Offline GTM-S

•  12 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2014, 03:26:35 PM »
Hello

I have been doing some work on the mill.
Installed the tormach spindle with HTD belt and pulleys.
Ordered a new enclosure (it will arrive next week)

Untill then I have put all the electronics on the wall for easy access
Then I finally got a Rexroth Ecodrive that works with Step/dir, from a company in germany that works with used servos and drives.
they set it upp for me to with a max speed of 6400 rpms, steps per turn is 1200.

Installed everything temporarily to the ESS with BOB (without optocuplers), the servo drive works and I can start/stop Rev the spindle with M3/M5/M4, the spindle speed settings work from 0-5500 rpm, but when I try to go to 5600 the servo driver shuts off with the error code F228: Excessiv deviation.

I have the tried to change a lot of the parameters in the drive with the Drivetop software from indramat, according to the german companys instructions, nothing helps, still the same problem.
I also have tried with different resolution from 300 -3000, still the same issue.
I have tried with quadrature signat insted of ste/dir, no difference.
The cable to the servo motor is the indramat original with shielding.
The cable from the BoB to the connector that has step/dir signals are shielded 

I am not sure if this is a problem with the servo drive or the ESS or something in Mach3. 

I think I remember something I read somewhere about some issues with the ESS step/dir spindle control, dont know if that is still an issue?

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Thomas