Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:51:30 AM

Author Topic: DRO doesnt match  (Read 4093 times)

DRO doesnt match
« on: February 06, 2014, 08:24:10 AM »
greetings,

i just started my internship on a company and they have  just bought a emco 120 turn with mach 3 on it. i have been trying to make this machine work and so far i have succeeded considering i dont know nothing about how this machine works and neither do they. right now i am trying to make a  product manually with jog function so that i can record it with the jcode plugin so that the next time i can simply run the program.

unfortunately i have alot of problems regarding the DRO screen. it shows the wrongg measuremen information t compared with the movements i make. as example: when i move 1 mm with the turret  the DROs shows that i have moved around 4mms which makes it very hard to measure the length of the movements.

is there any possible way to solve this problem so that the movements are correct on the DRO?

kindest regards

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: DRO doesnt match
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 02:01:10 PM »
Do you have a manual for the emco120?  Post it.

Have you had a look at the Mach lathe manual? Suggest you start reading it.

You need to make sure that Mach is configured correctly and for the way you wish to work and for that machine.

RICH
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 03:35:22 AM »
thank you for the quick reply. i have read the manual again  and i came into understanding that my motor tuning settings are incorrect. yet i  am not sure what are the right settings are for  the velocity, acceleration and steps per unit. is there a common setting for those?

thx
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 08:31:08 AM »
i see that mach3miller has a set steps per unit  function on the settings tab. does mach turn have this function aswell?

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 01:34:19 PM »
what are the right settings are for  the velocity, acceleration and steps per unit

You will need to calculate them based on the your specifc machine.
I am not familar with the 120 Turn.

Do you have a manual for the it? If so post it. If not have your company buy / purchase / find one for it.

You will find calculator's in Member's Members Doc's and there are instructions in the manual how to calculate the steps per unit.

Velocity and acceleration are done by trial and error.

RICH
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 05:36:00 PM »
thank you for the information! unfortunately i dont have the manual for the machine but i will look for it and post it when i find it :)

kindest regards,
dan

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 07:11:22 PM »
Are the motors steppers or servo's?
What is the pitch of the x & z  ball screws?
What gear ratio , if any, is there on each axis?

RICH

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 08:05:16 AM »
i am not quite sure how to find those settings by myself but i  blive i found the correct data on yahoo answers

quote: " 100 tooth, 2mm pitch on the stepper. 50 tooth 2mm pitch on the 5mm ballscrew. The belts .. gates mxl "