Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:31:21 AM

Author Topic: Yet again, UC100 issues  (Read 18331 times)

Yet again, UC100 issues
« on: January 23, 2014, 05:22:27 PM »
First post so here goes.  Trying to get a new Micro Proto 3000 up and running. Computer is HP laptop running Windows 8 (don't get me started).  I've done everything by the book inre installing the UC100 including disabling the secure boot function in the BIOS.  The drivers will not install so I am not getting the screen in Mach3 where I can select the UC100 in lieu of a printer port.
After attempting to install the drivers and upon opening Mach3 I'm getting "Plug in DLL defective. Reload".  I click ok and the next screen says "UC100V2_133.dll, defective plugin found, ignoring", click ok again and Mach3 opens but without the screen to select the controller and with no functionality in Mach3's screen.
I know enough about the guts of this stuff to be really dangerous.  Can anyone help me over the hump?
Thanks,
Chas.
Re: Yet again, UC100 issues
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 09:29:09 PM »
I had problems when I first setup my UC100, and I think it was because of a bad download file from the Mach3 web site.  If you haven't already, download the automatic installer file from the CNCdrive website ( http://cncdrive.com/downloads.html ).   I think that was what worked for me.
John Champlain
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 11:21:53 PM »
The CD that came with the machine had a installer on it and that is what I used.  I'll try the one from the website and see what happens.
How about this: there were some special instructions with the machine for those that had Vista on their computer.  Is 8 of the same ilk and should I have done that fix?
Thanks for the input.
Chas.

Offline ofg

•  29 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 12:00:20 AM »
You need to dis able the driver signature authentication in win 8. Drivers for uc100 are not recognized by win 8 and it rejects them unless you dis able the driver signature protocol.
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 12:31:21 PM »
Thank you very much ofg, that worked.
What amazes me is why there is no documentation being supplied with the machine or the software that details what must be done to make all this work. Why does the average Joe have to go to
support forums to learn about things that should have already been documented with the machine/software. Rhetorical question indeed.  Windows 8 is a major piece of crap but if you buy a new computer these days that's what you are stuck with.  Too bad that support for XP is just about over.
I'll get off of my soapbox and thank you again.
Chas.

Offline ofg

•  29 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 03:02:40 PM »
Your quite welcome. Im glad my experience with the same hurdles could benefit more than just me.

Offline comet

•  336 336
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 07:14:09 AM »
HOW DO YOU DISABLE DRIVER SIGNATURE PROTOCOL IN WIN 7/8
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 07:33:26 AM »
Charles,
Try this.  It worked for me on my Win 8 laptop.  I did not need it on Win 7.
http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/
John Champlain

Offline ofg

•  29 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 08:20:41 AM »
Yes, you can follow that step by step, or, just get into the bios the old fashioned way, and find the option, and un check it. I think its by pressing f10 repeatedly at start up that opens up the bios.
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 09:03:13 AM »
Comet,
Pressing the Escape key during start up opens a little menu that tells you to press F10 to get into the BIOS.  Six of one, half dozen of another. 
I am 66 and am certainly no techie and I was able to perform the steps outlined in the YouTube presentation.  The menus may not be exactly the same but it is not difficult to figure out. With all the hoops to jump thru, Windows does not really want you to do this 'cuz you're messing with their baby but until the the software nerds decide to supply digitally signed drivers you've got to do it or go to the barn.  The nerd farm in most cases does a poor job of keeping up with MicroHard's BS.  Forums like this one are the only way to get answers and I applaud those who are able and willing to provide them.
Down from my soapbox again.
Chas.