Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:28:25 AM

Author Topic: Rectangle Pocket size issue  (Read 5291 times)

Rectangle Pocket size issue
« on: January 20, 2014, 09:58:28 PM »
Hi Ron-

I have tried to make a rectangle pocket and a circle pocket (first cuts I have ever made on new DIY mill). The rectangle was supposed to be 5" by 1" with the origin at X=2.5" and y=-0.5". The circle was supposed to be 1" in diameter.

The circle came out correctly sized and located. The rectangle was correctly located, but was too long (5.13") and wide (1.14"). I set this up for a 5/16" end mill and have made certain that this was the end mill that was used.

At first, i thought this may have something to do with "cutter compensation", based on my cursory knowledge of these G codes. After looking at the code, I do not think this is the problem (can't find these codes in the NFS mill wizard output).

I append the NFS output below.

As this is truly my very first attempt to machine anything, I expect I am doing something wrong....

thx for any help,

best,
jake

« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:03:03 PM by jkurtis »
Re: Rectangle Pocket size issue
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 07:51:33 AM »
Please attach the job file as that gives me all the input parameters. Also what version are you running? I know I fixed some rectangle size issues a while ago, but I think they were related to minimum size.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 08:15:19 AM »
Hi- I discarded the original job file, but here is the re-created version. It gives the same g-code as the original, and Mill Wizard auto-repopulated the pocket parameters from the last use (very nice feature !).

thx for looking at this.

best
jake

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 08:51:44 PM »
Ok, Im a bit off my mark right now, spent another day in the hospital, thats about 10 since Dec 1. All for damn kidney stones. I should be back to as normal as I get in a day or two. I assure you this will be my first effort when Im back
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 08:58:51 PM »
Hi Ron,
  Hope you get back to 'normal' real soon !
Wishing you all the best .... and hoping to see you again in April.

Kind regards,
Russ :)
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 09:02:33 PM »
Oh my. Pls take your time. I'm just playing at this point with setting up new mill. Feel better. Best
Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 08:27:22 AM »
Sorry, forgot to mention I'm using v1.0.13.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 10:20:52 PM »
Is your mill accurately calibrated for steps per unit? this code seems to me work as expected. I dont see anything going outside the 5x1 area.