Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:58:48 AM

Author Topic: CSMIO/IP wiring outputs and MPG module config  (Read 19339 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: CSMIO/IP wiring outputs and MPG module config
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 10:52:51 AM »
Dan, no I have never seen anything like that, not even had an error message box ever pop up.
What version of plugin are you using? What version of Mach.
Not sure if I could look and see if I can find the issue if you attached your xml but could give it a go.
Hood

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, 02:27:42 PM »
Hood,

Mach version .062, plugin version 2.1 (latest on the website), but also tried the one that came on the CD with the CSMIO which was version 2.05, I think. Thanks for the offer, will get the XML tomorrow. You have the IP-S on the Connect?

Dan

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2013, 07:56:53 PM »
Dan, yes its an IP-S on the connect.
Hood

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2013, 04:41:48 AM »
Hi Hood,

Did a restore to Windows to a point before installing the IP-A software as I had a feeling there were some conflicts, and now those errors are gone :)

However, now have another issue - when trying to jog I am getting this error message. Ever seen this?

Dan

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2013, 05:06:30 AM »
Have seen that error but only on the IP-A as it is a PID error, ie a following error. You are using the IP-S are you not?
Only thing I can think of is maybe the spindle as it has an encoder, assuming you have the Enc module?
There is a possibility it may have something to do with a slave axis if you have one but cant really see why as there is no encoder feedback with the IP-S.
 Hood

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2013, 06:15:20 AM »
Yes, using the IP-S. So seems I still have something left over from the IP-A installation, though when I did windows restore it deleted everything including Mach3, so not sure where do I delete this.

Dan

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2013, 06:53:19 AM »
I have had both plugins installed on a computer and it has not caused a problem so not sure how it could be that. Only place it would be would be in the plugin folder and possibly some remnants in the xml. It sounds however as if you have made a new xml so cant see how that could be the case.
Have you got the dotnet   installed? Thinking it wont be that either as I dont think you would even get as far as you have if it wasnt.
Hood

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2013, 07:17:13 AM »
Yes, have fresh Mach3 and XML with a new, different name profile. Will check regarding the .Net.

Dan

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2013, 09:51:31 AM »
Deleted the XML and created a new profile again. Now this issue is gone. Have no idea how it was getting access to the old XML after I did windows restore.

Now got to the MPG. The way it is, is strange, because it appears that they made all the settings for me and I can't change it. I have a pendant with a momentary enable switch for the resolution select and the axis select (like they show in their example in the manual), but funnily this switch also enables/disables the MPG wheel, although physically they are not linked (like can be seen in their example). Is it the normal way it works? Also pressing this switch activates the two digital outputs on the MPG module as seen on the diagnostics LEDs. Have no idea why it happens.

Dan

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2013, 01:50:32 PM »
I am wondering if you had the spindle encoder setting inverted or not inverted if it was needed. I tried tested that out this afternoon to see what message I got and sure enough with the encoder the wrong way I got the EPID message.

The MPG unit is all mapped with the exception of 1 Input and 2 Outputs, you can set them to what you want.
If you have an enable then that controls the MPG functions, in other words if you do not have the Enable pressed then the CSMIO turns over to Mach for keyboard jogging. The two inputs you are likely seeing will be the Axis selected and the multiplier selected but thats just a guess as I have never looked.
 I do not have an enable button as I am not using a hand held pendant and instead have my MPG module connected to the switches and MPG on my control panel. Because of that I have had to do things slightly differently so that I can jog via keyboard as the only way to be able to do that is disable both the axis and multiplier selection.

Hood