Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:43:41 PM

Author Topic: Smooth Stepper does NOT support THC for Plasma  (Read 5066 times)

Smooth Stepper does NOT support THC for Plasma
« on: November 26, 2013, 10:35:04 PM »
After a lot of messing around I have discovered through the SS forum that THC is NOT supported with the USB-parallel port card.

The THC board I am using is getting the signal all the way back to MAch3 OK but there is no connection between the Up and Down indication on screen and the signal to the Z-axis to raise and lower.

Can anyone think of a macro or subroutine that could "read" the signal that the on screen indicator is reading and link it somehow to a hotkey or similar to allow mach3 to raise/lower the Z axis on the run ? I am no expert in this area

I already have a hotkey set up on the pendant that can drive the z-axis on the run.

thanks

Art
Re: Smooth Stepper does NOT support THC for Plasma
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 08:17:24 PM »
Hi, I ran into the same problem (USB Smoothstepper does not support THC).... I am sorry to say I have no solution for your problem what I did is that i got the
Compact THC SD ( Proma - Elektronika Step/Dir Generator ) Torch Hight Controller.
It works fine since it does not use the software for hight control
My problem is that I now want to use OXI/Acetelene cutter and need to manually control the hight .... How did you set the hotkey to drive the z axis on the run? please help
Thanks
Re: Smooth Stepper does NOT support THC for Plasma
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2022, 09:12:03 PM »
Hallo, hatte dasselbe Problem mit einem XHC Mach4 MK6 USB Motion Controller und externem THC. Ich habe das Problem gelöst indem ich die Eingänge des Motion Controllers in der Konfiguration/Control/Eingänge mit Jog Z+ und Jog Z- verknüpft habe.

Software Mach4 4.2.0.4612 Build

Hello, had the same problem with an XHC Mach4 MK6 USB Motion Controller and external THC. I solved the problem by linking the inputs of the motion controller in Configuration/Control/Inputs with Jog Z+ and Jog Z-.

Software Mach4 4.2.0.4612 build
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 02:17:02 AM by Tweakie.CNC »