Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:52:15 AM

Author Topic: Machine Zero  (Read 2463 times)

Machine Zero
« on: November 10, 2013, 08:18:57 PM »
I've read a lot threads on machine zero.  I still can't get my machine to do what I want.  I have a 4 x 8 table and only cut sheets of ply.  I zero my table at the corner of the sheet and the dxf/gcode origin.  No problem there.  Go to zero takes me to zero every time.  However it now wants to load my gcode at the MACHINE ZERO.  Thinking maybe I have a setting wrong.  What I need to know is if I can zero machine coordinates to table/work coordinates without home/limit switches and if so how.

Thanks, Joe

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Machine Zero
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 02:55:03 AM »
If you have no home switches set up in Mach then pressing the RefAll will set machine coords at the position you are at when pressing it.
Hood

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 11:29:40 AM »
Another thought, Gcode does NOT use machine coords to run by as a general rule. IF it did every move would be started off with G53.

(;-) TP
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 07:24:03 PM »
I have no home switches set up.  When I hit reference all the machine coordinates go on walkabout.  I was told they were looking for the home switches.  But I don't have any.  Another fellow on the Mach board at Yahoo said to disable X++, Y++, Z++, X--, Y--, Z-- in ports and pins- inputs as those were home signals my machine coordinates were were looking for.  Didn't work, they keep on walking.  I appreciate the answers. 
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 08:15:25 PM »
Got it.  Thanks.