Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 08:36:57 AM

Author Topic: Copy Config  (Read 6060 times)

Copy Config
« on: November 08, 2013, 02:30:21 PM »
Hi All,
        I am running Mach3 on my own computer and 3040 CNC all perfectly OK. My problem is a friend has just purchased a similar
system which I am told will not work. In order to help him sort this out I will need a printed copy of my config files, can this be done?
or do I have to copy it with screen prints which will take an age.
    Any help will be appreciated.
Regards
Roy 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Copy Config
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 03:55:39 PM »
Open Mach, look lower right at the profile name, look on your hard drive in the Mach folder for file with that name and a .xml extension. Send that to your friend and tell him to paste it into his Mach3 folder.That file will contain all of your settings.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 01:44:07 PM »
Hi Hood,
            Many thanks for your reply, I could do as you advise but as my friends machine is a different model (size only)
i am not too sure. My idea was to have a print out of my config so that i coulld compare prior to any actual changes.
I tried to get a screen print but this did not work. Any idea how i can get a printed version?

Regards
Roy

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 01:55:32 PM »
If it is a different machine then unlikely your settings will help.
You can easily grab the active screen with the Alt and Prt Screen buttons then paste into a word document. Better still is get WisdomSoft Screen Hunter and you can then save the images as Jpegs automatically from a hotkey you set up.

Hood
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 01:58:28 PM »
Hi Hood,
            Many thanks for your help again, I am off to give it a try.

Best Regards
Roy
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 03:14:34 PM »
Hi Roy,

if you want to print out the dialogs, you can use MachProfile. (Download site: http://www.kd-dietz.de. Use menu->Actions ->Show settings. Browse for your Profile path and "set all" check the Printer and click Print.
If you have any question please let me know.

Klaus
The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 06:59:35 AM »
Hi Klaus,
           Thanks for your reply. MachProfile will not work on my 64bit machine. Is there a copy that will work?

Regards
Roy
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 07:04:38 AM »
Hi Roy,

thats strange, I'm running it on Win7 64bit without any problems.  What do you mean by "will not work", do you get an error message, or does crash? What OS are you using?

Klaus
The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 07:09:38 AM »
Hi Klaus,
           I am using Windows 7, I am getting an error message that it will not run on this OS.
This is a bit strange.

Regards

Roy
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 07:16:25 AM »
Roy,
I am running it on Win7 64 bit with no problems.  Try right clicking it and select 'Run as administrator'.
John Champlain