Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:33:48 AM

Author Topic: Project Orientation at 90 degrees in Mach 3  (Read 3677 times)

Project Orientation at 90 degrees in Mach 3
« on: October 26, 2013, 10:23:38 AM »
Hi I have a tale top CNC that I have been using for a couple of years with no problem. I design in V carve Pro 5.5 then import the txt files into Mach 3 and haven't really had any problems. I haven't used my machine for a couple of months and when I turned everything back on the other day things were odd. Initially the display screen was only about 1/4 of the screen size. I closed it and opened it again and the normal display filled up the whole screen. When I loaded my first txt file, it was at 90 degrees to how I had designed it. (like the x and y were switched somehow) I went back to Vcarve and recalculated the carving making sure that I had the dimensions length and width correct, resaved it and loaded it into Mach 3 again and this time the display box on the right had side that usually shows the movements showed a piece so large that the carve i had loaded (11x12 inches) appeared as a tiny dot. Does anyone know what might be going on?  PS when you close Mach 3, should I click yes or no to the settings box?  Any help would be so greatly appreciated.  If there is anyone out there who lives near London Ontario Canada, I would be glad to reimburse you for your time in helping me properly take care of this problem and setting the machine properly. I can be reached at rneves at sympatico dot ca if you would prefer not to use the forum.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Project Orientation at 90 degrees in Mach 3
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 04:38:20 PM »
I will have a look if you attach your xml and also you G Code file and if possible a screenshot from Vcarve to show what it should look like.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 08:53:37 AM »
Thanks Hood, am dead in the water with this one.  I am not sure what xml is or where I can find it to send to you. Can I attach files to this forum? If not how can I send you those files?

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 09:56:00 AM »
The 5th thread in the general section refers to have to send attachments to this site. Here is a link http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,24585.0.html
I will have to look at where the xml is again to advise you on that one.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 10:06:01 AM »
   IIRC, to find your latest xml file. Go to where Mach was installed, in my case the C drive.
Click on "my computer", double click C drive, double click Mach3, look under xmlbackups, if you are using a mill, look for the highest numbered Mach3Mill.xb file. This is the latest xml used and saved on your machine. Select that file and use send to.
It might need renaming as mentioned above. Hope that helps
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 02:56:11 PM »
Ideally you want the actual xml as the backup may be slightly different from the one you have now.
The xml itself will be in the main Mach3 folder and will have a name of the profile you are using and will have an xml file extension.
If you are not sure of the name of the profile open Mach and look lower right and you will see it. Close Mach then locate the xml in the Mach3 folder, copy it to your desktop and then rename it to sevenbor.xml and you will be able to attach it to the forum.
Hood