Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:10:08 PM

Author Topic: post-processer  (Read 3987 times)

Offline rhys

•  10 10
    • View Profile
post-processer
« on: October 25, 2013, 02:07:15 PM »
Hello All,
I am just finishing building my CNC router. I am using Mach3 to drive the router and Artcam Express to design the models.
I am confused on which post-processes I am to use with Mach3. First, i am using the inch measurement not MM.
 So my choices are:
1. Mach3gb-Arcs(inch)(*.TAP)
2. Mach3gb-Arcs(inch)ATC(*.TAP)
3. Mach3gb-RotaryX2Aaxis(inch)(*.TAP)
4. Mach3gb-Rotaryy2Aaxis(inch)(*.TAP)
or the generic:
5. G-code(inch)(*.TAP)

The ones with "Rotary" in it just dont work at all. The ones with "Arcs" in them put large circles on the edge of my project and make the router try to go off of the table. The generic one seems to work but its confused about the position of the Z home. In Mach 3 they suggest to home Z to the top and make it -0.000. So, as it travels down it is reading in the negative numbers.

Thanks in advance for your help

john
Re: post-processer
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 02:12:34 PM »
Sounds like your IJ setting in Config>General Config is set wrong.  Swap it and try #1 again
John Champlain

Offline rhys

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 03:25:39 PM »
Thank you John.. It worked...it has gotten rid of the large circles on the edge of my project.
 But i am still having issues with the Z trying to go into the positive. With Mach3, the home position (up) is negative (-0.000") and on my machine all of the way down is -4.75". With Artcam Express you enter how thick the project is and then enter a z safe position and a Z home position all in the positive. The numbers don't correlate with my setup on Mock3..Any suggestions?

Thanks again

John

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 04:09:47 PM »
You can set your work offset to anywhere you wish, so for example if you touch off the top of the material and it is 1inch thick and you want Z Zero to be the bottom you just type 1 into the Z DRO and press Enter on your keyboard and you have just toold Mach the top of your material is 1inch.
Hood

Offline rhys

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 09:48:37 AM »
OK..Thank you so much..I reconfigured my Z homing and changed my "0" on the dro... It worked ( :

thank you again

John