Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 02:56:14 AM

Author Topic: Problems with "ref all home"  (Read 3179 times)

Problems with "ref all home"
« on: October 06, 2013, 01:28:33 PM »
Hi, I been working on this for days now, and I am loosing my mind.

I know this is going to be something so simple and stupig but I cant figure it out.

in short,

- when I hit the "ref all home" button.  the Z axis traveling down slowly (as I assume it should)
- I hit Escape to ignore that axis, and want to move on to the X or the Y, but what is happening, is after hiitting the ESCAPE the first time, the whole thing stops moving, it never moves on to the Next axis.

In the online video, "homing, limits and offsets" the person doing the video shows how its showing his Y in reverse, hits escape, and the X is in reverse.  he never mentions anything about the Z.

so, for me, I am perplexed, its only the z that is moving.

anyone please,  put me out of my misery!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with "ref all home"
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 01:42:15 PM »
Hitting Esc will stop execution of the VB script so it will not continue.
Do you have Home switches? If you do then the axis should move to the switch then back off until the switch closes, then the next axis will move, then the next.
Z Home switch is normally fully up.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 02:17:41 PM »
OK , Hood your the man!

what was confusing me on all of this, was the tutorial video has it showing that it the Esc button skips to the next Zero'ing, and thats why I was expecting it to behave the way I was explaining it.

I now have it zero'ing as expected.

on a side note though, my X axis is Reversed,   so on the config, I have to have it reversed, so that the arrow keys adjust the table correctly, then also have Home Reg unchecked so it goes to the right place.

i can post a screenshot if I am not making sense.  but that aside, I am going to be buying my copy of Mach 3, if only because of all the help I been getting ;D

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 02:34:09 PM »
Ok a lot will depend on the type of machine however ne thing is constant and that is the tool in relation to the material being cut.
When the tool is moving right in X axis along the material that is X Positive.
When the tool is moving away on Y axis that is positive.
When the tool is moving away from material in Z then that is positive.

On a moving table machine such as a knee mill the actual table will have to move the opposite direction to make the tool move positive.
So table moving left will move material left but relation of cutter to material is positive.

Hopefully that will help you understand  the way things work :)

Hood

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 02:21:16 PM »
Did you ever assign a hotkey to the Z limit? under ports and pins, home/limits.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)