Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:53:30 AM

Author Topic: MPG4-6 and MPG2 (6 and 4 axis MPGs), from CNC4PC plugin..beta..  (Read 12616 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
MPG4-6 and MPG2 (6 and 4 axis MPGs), from CNC4PC plugin..beta..
« on: September 28, 2013, 08:07:04 PM »
If you have one of the 4 axis or 6 axis pendants from CNC4PC,
Then... would you be willing to try this Beta, MPG4_6.dll for me?
You would need to DISABLE all the CNC4PC brains (if your using them).
Further, you would need to follow the Ports/Pins per the setup document, from arturo for these pendants. i.e. MPG, OEMTrigs 1-10, OUTPUT6, etc.

This plugin takes the place of all those brains, and you can configure your options from the dialog page.

If you NOT using axis 5 and 6 for motion, then you can optionally use those selections for FSOVR and SSOVR respectively, range is 50%-200% for both, with a small dead band in the middle, both using the MPG as the override control.

>>>>>>>EDIT<<<<<<<  Use my next post down and download that zip 10Oct13

Let me know,

Scott
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 05:55:47 AM by poppabear »
fun times
Re: MPG4-6 and MPG2 (6 and 4 axis MPGs), from CNC4PC plugin..beta..
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 11:00:12 PM »
Hi, I have it working. IT is nice not having to deal with the brains..... However, are you going to implement the x1, X10 and X100 spped switch?

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 03:11:15 PM »
sorry about the delay, been biz......

Here is the Beta Release, I at least here it is all working, it can be used with any of those Chinese 4 or 6 axis pendants that CNC4PC, Homann Designs, or others sell. The plugin does NOT care what Port(s) or Pins you use, it just looks at the following functions:

SelectAxisX             OEMTRIGGER1
SelectAxisY             OEMTRIGGER2
SelectAxisZ             OEMTRIGGER3
SelectAxisA             OEMTRIGGER4
StepX1                   OEMTRIGGER5
StepX10                 OEMTRIGGER6
StepX100               OEMTRIGGER7
PendantEstop         OEMTRIGGER8 (assumes N/C)
SelectAxisB            OEMTRIGGER9
SelectAxisC            OEMTRIGGER10
MPG Jog On Led     OUTPUT6 (led enable button light)

MPG A and B go to what ever.......
the user can enable/disable the pendants estop, they can also choose/or not to have the pendant estop to be able to pull mach out of estop, if in estop, or...... not...

You will need to set on the Gen Config page the 1st 3 step amounts, like:

when you move the axis selector OFF of the "Off" position on the axis selector switch, it automatically moves mach into MPG mode
and when in MPG mode, the enable LED turns ON
when the axis selector is in the OFF position, then you're in continuous mode.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 05:59:20 AM by poppabear »
fun times
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 06:41:48 PM »
Everything works except the x1, x10, x100 with this plugin. I did have to change the extension to dll though.

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 06:48:19 PM »
Everything works except the x1, x10, x100 with this plugin. I did have to change the extension to dll though.

IT doesnt matter where the axis selector is, when the enable button is pressed, it goes into mpg modeand when you release th enable buttonm it
goes back to continuous mode.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 07:37:29 AM »
yes, that is correct, on the one I have here, from CNC4PC, if the axis selector is OFF and even when pressing the enable button, nothing happens, perhaps yours is wired wrong?

Scott
fun times
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 12:31:07 AM »
I checked the pinouts of the mpg2 and they are as stated in the documentation.

The weird part is it works with the brains properly, just not X1,X10,X100 in the brain either.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 08:54:21 AM »
well, I don't know what to tell you then, it is working perfect here. Perhaps you have a short.
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 11:09:02 AM »
Ok, the release version of the plugin is in the "Finished" Plugin thread.

The Zip file has the "MPG4_6v3.m3P" installer, and a ReadMe 1st file (and yes, it should
be read first........)

Fixed a bug, for the FS/SS ovr, in where the 4th axis would move if it was enabled.

Everything is working on my 6 axis pendant (using all functions).
NOTE: If you have ANY Brains or Macro-pumps, or cyclic Macros that are using the same input/output that this plugin is using, your going to have issues. Turn off/disable any thing
else that may be running.  NOTE: For diagnosing your pendant to see if you have the correct funtion going to the correct input/output pin on your pendant. Download and install my "Map All I/O" plugin, and look on it's diagnostic page. You will see ULEDS that are tied to I/O that normally does not have an OEM ULED, (like the pendants here use).

IF your using an ESS (I am here), I Had to set the MPG De-bounce to 1.0, to get a read, but it will still miss "ticks" on the MPG.

Scott
fun times
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 08:29:08 PM »
Ok, the release version of the plugin is in the "Finished" Plugin thread.

The Zip file has the "MPG4_6v3.m3P" installer, and a ReadMe 1st file (and yes, it should
be read first........)

Fixed a bug, for the FS/SS ovr, in where the 4th axis would move if it was enabled.

Everything is working on my 6 axis pendant (using all functions).
NOTE: If you have ANY Brains or Macro-pumps, or cyclic Macros that are using the same input/output that this plugin is using, your going to have issues. Turn off/disable any thing
else that may be running.  NOTE: For diagnosing your pendant to see if you have the correct funtion going to the correct input/output pin on your pendant. Download and install my "Map All I/O" plugin, and look on it's diagnostic page. You will see ULEDS that are tied to I/O that normally does not have an OEM ULED, (like the pendants here use).

IF your using an ESS (I am here), I Had to set the MPG De-bounce to 1.0, to get a read, but it will still miss "ticks" on the MPG.

Scott

Like I said, the X1,X10,X100 is not working with the brain either. Theres no hardware problem cause I can see it in mach3 with the brains and with your plugin through brain view and yours in diagnostic view. The correc pins light up.mach3 is not doing anything with it.