Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:38:16 PM

Author Topic: mach3 stops responding while running programs  (Read 8910 times)

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Re: mach3 stops responding while running programs
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 09:35:27 PM »
I ran a program without the motors being plugged in and it ran all the way through
Is that all you did, disconnect the steppers? Did you change any of the power settings? Check the USB settings?
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2013, 09:13:12 AM »
Ran 6 programs with everything running except my router and they all finished with no problems

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 01:08:22 PM »
So is your opinion that noise from the router is killing the operation? Going to be hard to cut your file without the router ;-) You never answered the question about the power settings.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2013, 04:06:57 PM »
I just got a smooth stepper working this week so I'm not an expert.    My Smooth STepper connects through the Ethernet port.    On my computer the Ethernet plug is a little loose on the computers Ethernet port.   Wiggle the cable just a little bit and the Smooth Stepper shuts down due to lack of communication.  In actual use I'll need to tie down the Ethernet cable to eliminate the wiggle.

Just think, the old parallel port was a nice snug connection with 2 mounting screws.

Just a thought,
Jim

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
mach3 stops responding while running programs
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2013, 08:35:40 AM »
Look at the conductors on the male end of the Ethernet cable going into your PC. Pull them up enough to maintain contact. This is not a SS problem, more like a cheap Chinese cable issue. I use the USB version but have you gone thru all of the optimization steps? If it anything similar to the USB version, it could make all of the difference in the world. Btw you would never get the PP to achieve the same transmission rates (in my understanding).