Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:20:08 AM

Author Topic: Plasma Table working well, but THC gives me error  (Read 7854 times)

Plasma Table working well, but THC gives me error
« on: September 12, 2013, 08:19:53 PM »
Hey guys, this is my first post, so far I have been able to get my CNC plasma table to function pretty well just reading posts and research. I have been running my table without a THC, and just recently decided to add a Proma.

So far the test works, my z axis goes up and down, all my lights on the diagnostics screen work as they should. My programs work well with the THC turned off on the Mach 3 main screen (I am using the plasma screen), I have the touch-off auto 0 working correctly as well, the problem is when I turn the THC to ON (Green LED lit up) the program will run to make the first cut, and then just stops and give me an error on the Mach screen, I believe is says "operation outside of limits" or something of that nature, (I am not currently at the shop). I am not sure why it works fine with the THC turned off, but then gives me an error when I turn the THC on.

Any ideas?

Thanks ahead of time.

TJ

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Plasma Table working well, but THC gives me error
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 08:58:40 PM »
The THC will have a range of operational Z motion that you can SET to protect the plasma torch. Sounds like your is set to high or low and you are going outside the safe boundaries of travel that are set.

Just a thought, (;-)TP
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 09:07:11 PM »
Is that setting something that is set on the actual TCH box, or are you referring to the high and low TCH setting on Mach 3 screen? Right now I have my min set at "0" and max at "1"

Also, I do not have "Torch OK" input hooked up, as I ran out of inputs in my breakout board, I forgot to mention that the torch DOES turn on, but then the program stops, could it be anything to do with "Torch OK" setting in mach? I believe it is currently disabled on the inputs screen.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 10:17:39 PM »
For testing set the thc travel to -1 low 1 high

Yes the arc ok signal effects what you do. It is waiting on the signal to proceed. Set up the function and set it active high so it is ON all the time. The torch will not stop if you loose arc but it should allow the machine to  move.

(;-) TP
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 10:06:49 AM »
Ok, I think I already tried to set my Zmin to -1 and it would not let me, but I will try again.

I will try setting the "ARC OK" to active high, I just thought if it was disabled Mach would disregard that input completely. I was really bummed to realize I was out of inputs on my breakout board....

Unfortunately I will not be able to make it to the shop until Tuesday to try it out, so I will let you know how I make out!

Thanks!

TJ

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 01:22:52 PM »
IF the Z min is ZERO then it cannot move down(;-) Zero will be as far as it can go.

(;-) TP
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 04:23:57 PM »
I understand that, But Mach will not let me put a negative number into Zmin, and nowhere in the program does it tell it to go to negative Z, so I do not think that is the parameter it is having an issue with. The exact error is:

Operation: Outside Offset. operation. T1: Plasma. 0.0591 in kerf

Is this telling me that the kerf setting is conflicting?

I also already had the "THC ON" input enabled and set to active low. I tried it with active low unchecked, and also just disable and I keep getting the same result.

Any ideas?

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 11:58:59 PM »
That message is generated from your Gcode(;-) It is NOT an error message. It just describes the next operation and is put there by you CAM program.

The THC limits are for THC moves in Z it limits the total amount that the THC can move the Z up and down.

(;-) TP

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 12:16:40 AM »
I just checked and I think you will find that the plasma screen THC High low limits  dros are configured wrong at least here the stock screen is wrong.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2013, 08:39:24 PM »
what do you mean by configured wrong? And how can I make it so it is configured correctly?