Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:18:26 PM

Author Topic: help with mach 3 not running at g coded feedrate  (Read 10841 times)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: help with mach 3 not running at g coded feedrate
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2018, 01:22:33 AM »
Also in Port 1 pins current state I have 5 LED's in the upper row showing green.

Don't put too much faith in that, the Port 1 Pins Current State does not always work as it was intended.

Another thing to remember is that the G21 /G20 commands are Modal. (all good Gcode files will always declare G21/G20 as appropriate).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 01:27:22 PM »
Still no luck.
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2018, 02:30:14 PM »
Good afternoon Tweakie. Last night I uninstalled Mach 3 and reinstalled it. Loaded a G code file that I used before with no problems  The project shows up in the display screen so small you cant hardly see it. I run the axes test for X & Y entered 24.5 and it moved 1". When I run the file the router does not hardly move and I'm running in inches. Rechecked my settings and everything set to the settings for my router. Don't know what to do now. This unit was working great at one time before the cat walked across the key board. Took the computer to repair shop and they said everything was fine.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2018, 01:53:03 AM »
Hi Farv,

Download and run one of the demo Gcode files from the .zip file here;
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,18345.0.html

Some of these files had been prepared in Inch units and some in Millimeter units. If you use Notepad to view any of the files you should see that they contain the G20 or G21 command (as appropriate) in order to scale the toolpath and the work accordingly.

When you run the axis calibration facility - if you enter 24.5 then the axis should move 24.5 and the appropriate DRO should show 24.5000

Hope this helps,

Tweakie.
PEACE