Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:53:22 PM

Author Topic: X axis will ONLY move in one direction  (Read 25505 times)

Re: X axis will ONLY move in one direction
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 01:46:34 PM »
Hi Gerry,

Ok the Voltage Test results when using the keyboard keys are as follows:

Pin 4:  -  Y-   =  3.30 v
Pin 4:  -  Y+  =  0.00 v

Pin 6:  -  Z-   =  3.30 v
Pin 6:  -  Z+  =  0.00 v

Ive checked the drivers for the PCI ECP Parallel Port and they are working properly and the driver is up to date.  Do you suspect the PCI card is faulty?
The Pci card I purchased for the Parallel Port is Brand NEW and the test Ive done appear to suggest that the card is functioning as expected.

I really appreciate your Help on this Gerry.

Kind Regards
John

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2013, 02:31:01 PM »
You should be seeing the same results on the X pin, so it would appear that the card may be faulty. If you're checking at the cable, you should check at the port to make sure the cable isn't the issue.
Also, it appears that you have a 3.3V parallel port. While some drives will work with 3.3V, some require 5V for proper operation.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2013, 11:37:34 AM »
Hi Gerry, guys

Have checked my PCI card and its a Universal 3v/5v card  (Has the 2 notches on it) .......... also the PCI slot its been inserted in, appears to be 5v only according to the manual.  ( the notch/bridge on the motherboard PCI slot is furthest away from the rear of the PC )  so I think this is 5v.

Have tested the Parallel cable and seems OK with a continuity test.  So I am completely baffled why 3.3volts are being indcated.

Is there anyway to confirm/test that my M/B PCI slot is definitely outputting 5v?

Any guidance or advice would be a GREAT help.

Many Tanks
John

For ref:  running Windows 7 32bit on a DELL 710 XPS tower

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2013, 02:00:47 PM »
If you are measuring the voltage on the Dir pins and Gnd and it is 3.3v then that is what your card is putting out.
Hood
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 05:15:48 PM »
Your parallel cable should be getting 5v.  Computers use 12v and 5v out of the power supply.  Check power supply output in the computer at an un-used plug.  If not delivering 5v your power supply is bad.  If that is good and the parallel is only outputting 3.3 then the Parallel card is bad.  It may have an output adjustment pot on the card.  Some parallel cards are not as good as others.  Printers don't care too much about output voltage.  Your machine should be using a break out board.  My board is an isolated board so the parallel only operates an opto-switch.  The board has its own 5v power supply which drives the motor drivers.  Running 3 or 4 motor drivers may be too much for your parallel card.
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2016, 12:51:15 AM »
After an Alarm Driver Watchdog Triggered My X axis only move forward.. not reverse,, I have been looking at the voltage on my pins and they are with in the correct tolerances! would any one advice me to Erase and reinstall mach 3 ?
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2016, 07:23:14 AM »
It sounds like your driver is not working correctly.  Swap it out with another to confirm.   Make sure that nothing has changed in your port/pin settings.  Try changing dir lowactive and see if the motor goes the other way.  If you re-install mach after saving your *.xml file, you may have the same problem if your *.xml is corrupt.  Otherwise you will be starting over from scratch.  You could try installing an earlier version of mach.  I prefer the .062 version.
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2016, 09:12:52 AM »
Ho!!! I also forget to mention that the arrow X & Z are totally disable! It is impossible to move any of the axis manually from the keyboard... I will be installing a brand new sparkling driver and see the results ! and will be posting the outcome! Thank you so very much for your prompt reply....

Mark.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2016, 09:47:50 AM »
Hi Mark,

If you are unable to jog any axis from the keyboard, have you accidentally turned off the Jog ON/OFF button ?.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2016, 04:44:56 PM »
Just tested a two brand new CNC Drivers... I mean brand stinking new drivers never used and my problem persist.. X axis still running forthward only...
Perhaps some one can tell me where to find that jog on of button... I will really appreciate your help, also Perhaps some one can show me how to find that *.xml Flie that my be corrupt? May be I can find some one that have a running one that is working properly??

I Have my system working on Windows XP and a 2.4 Ghx processor, this is a dedicated computer that isn't use for any other purpose.. I mean nothing!
Some times I open PDF Files, and I try to save some .DFX files for future working on their respective CNC codes..

Thanks in advance....