Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:13:06 AM

Author Topic: GI Joe size & Kenner size Real Ghostbusters Accessories  (Read 21978 times)

Re: GI Joe size & Kenner size Real Ghostbusters Accessories
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 11:09:29 PM »
As for the question from Dpark3 asking "Can I ask where you found the sketch ups you posted?".
I will gladly answer that by saying that I found them posted on the GBFANS.COM website in their forum, however, the forum is vast and even though I had found them once, it was quite a while ago and could not find them since.

I am sure that they are still on the forum there, I just dont know where...if I could find them again, Ild contact the guy that posted them and see if he could get me the G-code for the files...or at least work with him to make the molds and resize them for GI joe figures and so forth.

however, if you manage to find them in the forum, I hope that you could send me a link to the thread on GBFANS.COM so I can contact the guy who posted them...

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2013, 11:24:22 PM »
Also, just cause I want and have to mention it....if teh copywright thing was really so strong and so potentialy bad for buisness under legal reasons....then please BR549, tell me...
Why is it that on Ebay.com, you can do a search for any ghostbusters related parts...
-Proton pack
-Ghost trap
-Pke meter
-patches
-nametags
-etc.
You can buy accurately built and molded our of fiberglass or vaccum molded Proton Packs, Kits for lighting, Ghost traps, Ready to wear/use props, and even the patches of the no ghost emblem in iron-on or sew on, and even the name tags of Venkman, Spengler, Zeddemore, Stantz....
Ebay may randomly have a prop from a movie...but once they are bought, you wouldnt see it back on the site in numbers greater than 20....
Also there are instructibles detailing how to build a proton pack, and youtube videos showing proton pack props built by fans....ebay sells props and prop parts sold by fans all the time....where is the copywrite policy on the free enterprise of ebay?

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2013, 12:29:19 AM »
You can MAKE all the excuse you want BUT it does not circumvent the copywrite process. The toy manf STILL owns the copywrite . AND IF they chose one day to prove the point you will understand the warning.

Stealing is still stealing no matter the excuse you use to justify it.

It is NO different than stealing MACH3 .

(;-) TP
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 01:30:20 AM »
How about the two legal acts that the copyright system is now very effected by in this day in age...especially when it comes down to the statutory limitations of legal federal copyright laws.

the first is the Free Enterprise Act...it allows anyone to be able to operate a buisness, just for the sake of doing it...
the second is the Free USE Act...this allows the copyright to be placed on a particular product that has been made by said manufacturer...then after X amount of year goes by, the product is put into the "free use" section.
Yes the manufacture still owns the design, but you the consumer, can make clones  of said object to sell to your friends or for private use...

The classic and greatest example of the FREE USE ACT can be seen in any gunshop, look at the different manufacturers that all make the 1911 pistol!
If your so hard up on the copyright laws, then where was the copyright police when all hese other manufactures were milling and building 1911 45 caliber guns....
you have Govt, Springfield, Kimber, Sig Sauer, and many more companies that have all cloned the 1911 model pistol...and how bout the Airsoft companies that have clones the looks and designs of the pistols and rifles of their guns?

Its all done within he free use act.

Besides, there hasnt been a toy manufacture yet that has created a show accurate accessories for the Ghostbusters figures since the toys have been sold in stores....
Even the new lines of RGB Minimates, and the 12 RGB figures, DO NOT COME WITH SHOW ACCURATE ACCESSORIES.

Years ago, when Kenner manufactured the Ghostbusters 4 inch tall figures, the Proton packs that they came with were designed of the original concept art for the prototype of the show.
When Columbia Pictures went ahead with the cartoon, they made subtle changes to the way that the Proton Packs looked in the show, however, they did not send a design change memo to Kenner to change the pack design on the figures...

To this day, NO action figure made to resemble the 1986 cartoon The Real Ghostbusters, has ever been given a show accurate Proton Pack or other equipment, as seen in the show.

I would guess that the design of the Proton Pack in the mass produced 147 episode show in 1986, is ONLY owned by the Columbia Pictures Corporation and DIC, who produced the show, and NOT made the figures.

Any modern variation of the Real Ghosbusters figures you see today, all do NOT go any further in accuracy than the colors of the uniform, or the face, and or artwork.

The closest that the RGB figures ever came to the accuracy of the pack, is when the manufauctures of the RGB minimates took the same mold for the Ghostbusters movie mimimates figures and painted the packs to the colors of the cartoon...and mold a new gun, that was it...
The manufactures dropped the ball again, and the fans were quite upset!
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2013, 01:58:48 AM »
BTW...what does stealing Mach3 have to do with anything? Did you steal mach3? are you implying that the free demo verion of the mach3 software that is FREE to download, is somehow stolen?
Are you implying that I stole the mach3 software without paying for it?

I think that you better check your thoughts several times, cause I hate to say it, but I think the there is a line or two of G-code that went bad in your head someplace and its causeing you to think before speaking...yould better get it corrected before you make your next response!

To make a wild accusation like stealing a software that is oviously FREE to download the demo version in the first place, is to put you foot in your mouth.
Look, according to you, you think that I stole the mach3 software...but what I have been trying to tell you is that the items I want to make have NOT been made...NOT with the styl or the design as seen in the pictures I posted...

So if the product I want to make has never been made before by ANY manufacurer, then how can it be stealling?
If every incarnation of the end products I want to mold, have never been seen in plastic form, then how can I be stealing an obious copywrite that only exists for the cartoon, and NOT by any toy manufacturer?

The answer is obvious, its NOT stealing if its not owned? at least not by a toy manufacturer.

How many pictures do you have on your computer that you had to google search for in the first place? Are those your pictures? Clearly not, so that means that every image put on the net that you have found to be cool, or that you wanted to use as a reference has been saved to your computer....did you not just steal that picture?
Or is it in fact covered under the FREE USE ACT?

When you buy an ad, or get a free ad for a store, its got pictures in it to show what the products look like, right?
Because you have that ad in your hands, its tour ad, right? NO its not. Its the ad for that store, and do you own those pictures in the ad, NO, they belong to the store that sells the products...
So in a sense of speaking, if you said that the pictures in the ad were yours, then you are guilty of stealing, and therefore could be arrested on the grounds of copyright infringment and fined for up to 25,000 dollars or put into jail.

I am a graduate of Central Lakes College, my degree was Criminal Justice/ Law Enforcment...I thought before you accused me of any more theft of design Ild better give you a lesson in knowing who you were talking to, before you start acting all smart and talking about copurigt laws and how they supposedly work in your insignifcant world.

Perhaps that is how the copyright laws do work in your world, or perhaps you had violated them before and they came down on you like a boot to an ant, who knows and who cares...
The fact is that if you built something, like a CNC...the design may be yours, or you couldve used one that you downloded....
The poduct you cut on the cnc could be yours, but the design was somthing you downloaded from some site...
Whatever the case may be, you are not the innocent one here.
You downloaded a design to cut on your CNC, good for you, but did you steal that design? call it your own when it was made by someone else?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2013, 02:27:26 AM »
I came here to this forum looking for help from the various users who obviously have more experience doing G-code, I found this thread talking about "sharing your G-code" and thought that it might be a good place to start, maybe Ild even get lucky and have the help that I needed to get started on the project...

Instead, what do I recieve?

I get a whole world full of negativity...
I get told to do it myself....
I get users who shoot me with the laws of copyright violations....
and I get nothing in the terms of "help"...

Oh and I get nothing but grief from the users here about my choice in projects, Okay so its complicated to do...I  can understand that!
I am not some 2 year old that cant work a machine, I can use a mill, and a metal lathe....I thought by advancing my knowlege by using a CNC to do some of my work...I could get my projects done faster...

It looks like my time and money have been wasted on buying a CNC that I cant use cause there is NO links to tutorioals for G-code, Nobody is helpful...and the energy wasted here at this forum is basically a whole lump of useless garbage!

None of you here have been particulariy helpful, noone is very nice, and except for a a single user, your all frankly assholes! especially you BR549!

If I knew how to do G-code, Ild design the pack myself, and cut it out, Ild never register here, and if I did...it would be to show off what Imade on my CNC...
Though if I did that, there would undoubtibly be the users whoes job it would be to insult my intelligence, and that would insult me in itself for the design........and those who would be PMing me to see if I could post a download of the G-code so they could use it to make ones for themselves.

Tell me Im wrong!
I didnt register on this forum to be hassled and insulted by its users, I came looking for help, but if there is a CNC website out there whose forum will help me...then when I find it, I will register to that one, and leave you all in the dust!

A guy walks into an aly, and gets mugged, shot in the shouder, and managers to walk into a stor to call for help...the clerk walk up to the guy and starts yelling at him for bleeding on the floor, and not having any money...furious, the guy takes his blood soaked hand and grabs the clerk by the neck and weakly tells the clerk "Ive just been mugged, my wallet was stolen, and I was shot by a gun, and all you can do is stand there and yell at me for bleeding on your floor? How about calling an ambulance and getting me some help instead of yelling at me? Your clearly Not Human" says the guy..."and your clearly not our usual clientel" says the clerk....the guy stumbles out the store and dies on the sidewalk..........
The moral of the story is what you make of it...
but its how this world function today, Im the bleeding guy, and this forum is the store....the users are the clerks, and all Im getting is anything but help.

I guess this forum is made up of nothing but ignoant kids who find pleasure in insulting others

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2013, 08:46:19 AM »
Instead, what do I receive?

I get a whole world full of negativity...
I get told to do it myself....

I think  you're being overly sensitive.

One, I didn't just say "Do it yourself". I explained that it was very unlikely that you would find what you're looking for, as it's a complex project, unlikely to have been done by anyone, and if it was, I doubt anyone would share what they had.
I offered honest advise. If you want to make molds for your parts, you're going to have to do them yourself. No one is going to make them for you for free. I don't know what other help anyone can offer you. If you need a step by step tutorial on 3D modeling and moldmaking, this is not the place your going to find it.

And Terry was just pointing out that selling toys MAY be a violation of copyrights. Just because someone is selling them on Ebay, doesn't mean they're doing it legally.

All I see is that people are offering you help and advice, and your complaining about it.

Tell me, if noone here has what your looking for, as I pointed out (and you complained about), what other help would you like people to give you? Do you want me to spend hours Googling because you're to lazy too? Or do you want me to model your parts because you don't want to learn how to do it yourself?
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2013, 11:42:44 AM »
I believe you are confusing the copywrite and Patient laws. Under copywrite you OWN the rights to the design as LONG as you want to.  The only time you can loose the right is IF you put the design out into the public domain as free use.

With a patient anyone can make a copy for internal investigation of the design. But you cannot make copies for ANY other reason , NOT even to give away to your friends as this competes with the Patient holders RIGHT for market share of that design.

BEEN THERE done that many times, (;-) TP
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2013, 02:13:20 PM »

That is why I am trying to start with some simple like making accessories for GI joe size 3.75inch figures or the Kenner Real Ghostbusters 4 inch figures.

You must be far more experienced than me, it looks like quite a complex job to me with my limited solid modelling experience,
keep us posted on how you get on with your project,
ATB,
Nick
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2013, 05:42:40 PM »
Looked like a better application for a 3d Printer to me, Lot less work. And So much faster.

Has no idea what all it takes to do what he wants. Took me many, many years to beable to do what he thinks should be easy. And Many more to build my own CNC equipment. Reminded me of someone wanting their homework done by finding someone on the Net. Heard claimed it takes years (8000 hours minimum) to get proficient at any skilled trade. Having a Journeyman knowledge is something that comes with years of hands on experience, not looking over someones shoulder and "thinking I can do that!"

We are here to help and share, and that's pretty much all. Listening to you whine, will only give us a good laugh. No free rides Here.

Would take me a few hours to create the 3d model and then few more to print it out. But then again I have over forty five years of making crap for people that thought it was easy and should be cheap.

Good Luck, we all wish you a long life to learn what it takes to get to where you desire.

BTW: most of us don't like lawyers, bankers, politicians or know it all's! That is unless they make us laugh. Then ya got to love em.
How can ya not love a politician named Weiner?